SQL 7 ODBC error

Post by Methu96 » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:35:27

I am running SQL 7 SP4 on a Windows 2000 server.  On a WIndows 2000
Pro machine I am trying to setup ODBC connections in the Systen DSN
tab.  When I get to the "Create a new data source" page I get the
following error:

Connect failed:
SQLState: '01001'
SQL Server Error: 1326
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named
Pipes]ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).
Connection Failed:
SQLState: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 1326
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish
connection.

Both client and server are defaulting to named pipes, which is what we
always use.  There is network connectivity between the machines.

HELP!

SQL 7 ODBC error

Post by Anatoli Rejditsc » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:37:48

Hi.

If you use NamePipes your Win-User (on the workstation) must be known as a
WinUser on the server.
Or you can connect as a known user over the win network, then you have
"thrusted connection" and then you can use name pipes also.

But you can use also TCP/IP or IPX protocol as connection. you can configure
it in the odbc settings of your workstation.

THT
Anatoli.

Quote:

> I am running SQL 7 SP4 on a Windows 2000 server.  On a WIndows 2000
> Pro machine I am trying to setup ODBC connections in the Systen DSN
> tab.  When I get to the "Create a new data source" page I get the
> following error:

> Connect failed:
> SQLState: '01001'
> SQL Server Error: 1326
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named
> Pipes]ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).
> Connection Failed:
> SQLState: '08001'
> SQL Server Error: 1326
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Client unable to establish
> connection.

> Both client and server are defaulting to named pipes, which is what we
> always use.  There is network connectivity between the machines.

> HELP!

> --

1. SQL 7 ODBC Error Code = 23000

I'm using a timer to generate a key that looks like this:
20000105121733316725 (yyyymmddhhmmss...)
So that should be pretty unique, but this is the error i'm
getting when inserting the new record:

Error Type:    DATABASE
Error Message: ODBC Error Code = 23000 (Integrity constraint violation)
<P>

Error Description: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_StudentFormProfile'. Cannot
insert duplicate key in object

It doesn't happen every time just every now and then....

Any help is appreciated.

David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. PLEASE HELP !!! Dbase memo.

3. Cnnecting to SQL 2000 ODBC error

4. (PDXJOBS) Statistician

5. VFP and SQL over ODBC: Error 7143

6. Crystal Reports 9 and Progress 9

7. SQL Server ODBC Error

8. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file

9. SQL 2000 ODBC error

10. SQL 7.0/ODBC error...PLEASE HELP!!!

11. Sql Server ODBC Error

12. SQL 7 ODBC Error Code = 23000