Column restriction

Post by Kalen Delane » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 05:48:32

None of these can be put on views, which are really just stored SELECT
statments based on other tables. However, if you insert/update/delete
through the view, the constraints, rules, defaults and triggers on the
underlying tables will be applied.

HTH
--
Kalen Delaney
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I'm reviewing constraints, rules, defaults, and triggers,
> and I'm wondering if any of them can be applied to a view
> (not the underlying table).

Column restriction

Post by Anith Se » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:05:04

Out of these, the view can have only INSTEAD OF TRIGGERS
(SQL 2000). See details on SQL Server Books Online.

--
- Anith

1. SQL7 # of columns restriction?

Is there a limit to the number of columns in a table that can be replicated b/t
two SQL 7.0 servers?  I get an error (20068 - The article connot be created on
table '%s' because it has more than '%d columns.) when I try to set up an
article for publication on a table with 313 fields.  If there is a limit, what
is the best way to get the table replicated?  Could I use two or more articles
vertically partitioned feeding the same table on the subscriber?  Thanks

Charles Sanders

2. DSN LEss Connection to ORacle

3. Triggers, Mutating Tables & Column Restrictions

4. Cant Get MSSQL 6.5 to work.

5. Change column restrictions.....

6. Create virtual dimension based on column value

7. T-SQL Column Name Restrictions?

8. Local Interbase Error

9. DELETE and COLUMN SAME TABLE REFERENCE restriction

10. Restriction on some column values in some rows

11. T-SQL Column Name Restrictions?

12. NOT NULL restriction and CHECK constraint on same column in 7.3.4

13. Selecting the first 6 columns of a table by column order/ column id