How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit

How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit

Post by Guan Hon » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:15:49

Hi,
During installing SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on
my computer with Win XP Home Edit OS, I fail to find the
User/Group items under system tool item so that I fail to
setup one new user SQL2000 needed. I wonder how to
install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home
Edit.

Rds
Guan Hong

How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit

Post by Erkan SERTOGL » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:58:08

hi,
I'm not mistaken u didn't find user manager in XP
It's location control panel>administrative tools>computer management.
After open comp. management u should see local users&groups on the tree.
U can add, remove and manage users by this MMC.
ES

Quote:> Hi,
> During installing SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on
> my computer with Win XP Home Edit OS, I fail to find the
> User/Group items under system tool item so that I fail to
> setup one new user SQL2000 needed. I wonder how to
> install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home
> Edit.

> Rds
> Guan Hong

How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit

Post by John Bel » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:37:20

You can not install EE on XP Home. I would contact your MS distributor
and purchase the correct version.

John

Quote:>Hi,
>During installing SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on
>my computer with Win XP Home Edit OS, I fail to find the
>User/Group items under system tool item so that I fail to
>setup one new user SQL2000 needed. I wonder how to
>install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home
>Edit.

>Rds
>Guan Hong

1. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

Greetings,

I am unable to install SQL Server 2000 Personal edition on my machine
running windows XP Home edition. According to the SQL Server web site,
 that is a valid configuration.

I have reinstalled MDAC just in case, even though the SQL Server setup
reinstalls it as part of the installation. I am using the default
install
with Typical settings. I have tried different combinations in the
install,
such as NT authentication vs. SQL Server authentication, but did not
have
any success. The setup always fail after the files are copied and the
install attempts to configure SQL Server with my settings. I have
included
the last lines of the sqlstp.log. I believe it has to do with the
settings
under which to run the services. I have been only able to use "local
system"
as the account for sqlsvr.exe and sqlagent.exe. For some reason any
other
account that I choose, is not recognized as an account in my domain.
remember,
I am using XP Home Edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CD

sqlstp.log
-------------------
Starting Service ...

SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

-m -Q -T4022 -T3659

Connecting to Server ...

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

driver={sql server};server=HP;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

SQL Server configuration failed.

23:06:27 Process Exit Code: (-1)
23:06:31 Setup failed to configure the server.   Refer to the server
error logs and C:\WINDOWS\sqlstp.log for more information.
23:06:31 Action CleanUpInstall:
23:06:31 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe  -Silent 1 -Action 4
-Service SQLSERVERAGENT
23:06:31 Process Exit Code: (1060) The specified service does not
exist as an installed service.

23:06:31 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SqlSetup\Bin\scm.exe  -Silent 1 -Action 4
-Service MSSQLSERVER
23:06:31 Process Exit Code: (0)
23:06:31 StatsGenerate returned: 2
23:06:31 StatsGenerate
(0x80000000,0x1,0xf000000,0x0,1033,303,0x0,0x1,0,0,0
23:06:31 StatsGenerate -1,Owner)
23:06:31 Installation Failed.

2. Where can I go to get help on web site project?

3. installing ms sql 2000 server in windows XP home edition

4. Migration to a SAN-Disk: Relocatedb or unload/reload?, number of write-back-threads

5. MSDE 2000 won't install under Win XP Home

6. SYBASE DBA POSITION IN MINNESOTA

7. Installing SQL 2000 Enterprise Edition on XP Professional

8. 911: How to find character set and sort order?

9. sql server 2000 trial software on xp home edition

10. SQL Server 2000 on XP Home Edition

11. Installing SQL Server on a XP Home Edition PC

12. Installing SQL Server in Windows XP Home Edition

13. SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Windows XP Pro SP1