Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Post by Paul Bonenfan » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Every time I try to migrate the repository from the Access db t SQL server,
the wizard seems to hang.

I thought it might just take a while, so I let it run overnight, but it
still didn't finish.  The .mdb files are only about 5Mb total in size.  I
also have SP1 on SQL and OLAP.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Paul

Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Post by Mike Yocc » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've had this happen to me too.  For whatever reason, ending the
task and doing it again on the server instead of from a workstation
it worked fine.  In another case, it hung while doing it on the server,
but ending task and doing it again worked fine.

Quote:> Every time I try to migrate the repository from the Access db t SQL
server,
> the wizard seems to hang.

> I thought it might just take a while, so I let it run overnight, but it
> still didn't finish.  The .mdb files are only about 5Mb total in size.  I
> also have SP1 on SQL and OLAP.

> Any help greatly appreciated.

> Paul

Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Post by Paul Bonenfan » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Thanks,

How long did you wait before end task?  I keep trying to run it from the box
on which OLAP services is installed (NT workstation).

>I've had this happen to me too.  For whatever reason, ending the
>task and doing it again on the server instead of from a workstation
>it worked fine.  In another case, it hung while doing it on the server,
>but ending task and doing it again worked fine.

>> Every time I try to migrate the repository from the Access db t SQL
>server,
>> the wizard seems to hang.

>> I thought it might just take a while, so I let it run overnight, but it
>> still didn't finish.  The .mdb files are only about 5Mb total in size.  I
>> also have SP1 on SQL and OLAP.

>> Any help greatly appreciated.

>> Paul

Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Post by Nina Sarawg » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Is the client configuration utility set for tcp/ip by default on your olap
manager machine and are you trying to use trusted connection? Try using
named pipe or use standard security, that may solve the problem.

Quote:> Every time I try to migrate the repository from the Access db t SQL
server,
> the wizard seems to hang.

> I thought it might just take a while, so I let it run overnight, but it
> still didn't finish.  The .mdb files are only about 5Mb total in size.  I
> also have SP1 on SQL and OLAP.

> Any help greatly appreciated.

> Paul

Did anyone else have problems migrating repository?

Post by Silvi » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I had the same problem. If you look at the database you tried to
migrate the Repository into you'll find a table called OLAP Objects.
This is the Repository. It has beeen migrated, the only thing left to
do ist to adapt the Registry settings for the Repository access. Plato
seems to wait for a Repository lock infinitely and can't do it.

But you can do it on your own:
Simply edit the registry entries "Repository Connection String" and
"RemoteRepositoryConnectionString" in
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\OLAP Server\Server Connection Info

You can insert and adopt the values from a machine where the migration
worked.
That's it.

HTH
Silvio

1. ESQL problem...anyone else having problems with ESQL?

Hi all,

The ESQL C-precompiler, nsqlprep, is giving me "undefined host variable"
problems for certain nested C structures. I found a MS knowledge base
article that confirmed this to be a bug, but the "solution" it offers is not
very helpful. Does anyone know if there is an available fix or how to get
arround this problem?

Unfortunately, there are thousands of lines of code that I'm porting, so
it's very
hard to modify the code and the structures are used a lot in the code.

I wonder if MS even wants anyone to use ESQL anymore.

Using/developing for MS SQL Server 7.0

Thanks in advance,
DM

2. ObjectPal copy directory?

3. Anyone else having list server problems?

4. ODBC error. Help I am ready to pull out my hair

5. Anyone having problems with Sybase 5.0?

6. So How Good Is Progress, Anyway?

7. Anyone having problems with SQL2000 DTS DDQs?

8. anyone else having this problem?

9. VLA problems, anyone else having?

10. Anyone having problems with Openlink drivers?

11. Anyone having problems with .recordcount?

12. Anyone having problems w/OLE Images?