sybase ase 12 to sqlserver 2000

Post by Eder Fre » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:03:11

Hi!

I want to import with dts some sybase ase 12 tables daily in my database on
microsoft sqlserver 2000.

need I an odbc driver or is there a other posibility?
Exactly which odbc driver need I?
where can I get one?

Thanks!

sybase ase 12 to sqlserver 2000

Post by Allan Mitchel » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:51:10

You should be looking to Merant for your drivers.  Sybase do not write their
own they ship it to Merant

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA

Quote:> Hi!

> I want to import with dts some sybase ase 12 tables daily in my database
on
> microsoft sqlserver 2000.

> need I an odbc driver or is there a other posibility?
> Exactly which odbc driver need I?
> where can I get one?

> Thanks!

sybase ase 12 to sqlserver 2000

Post by Darren Gree » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:21:53

Quote:>You should be looking to Merant for your drivers.  Sybase do not write their
>own they ship it to Merant

I thought the ODBC/OLE-DB stuff was no DataDirect, some kind of company
split thing-

http://www.datadirect-technologies.com/

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

Post by Darren Gree » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:21:53

Quote:>You should be looking to Merant for your drivers.  Sybase do not write their
>own they ship it to Merant

I thought the ODBC/OLE-DB stuff was no DataDirect, some kind of company
split thing-

http://www.datadirect-technologies.com/

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

1. Sybase 12 (ASE) drivers Slower than Sybase 11.

We using the Sybase 12 (ASE) drivers since we are now using Sybase
12.0 on Solaris for our DB.   We have a developer with some javascript
that uses the data source to retrieve and update information in
Sybase.  His slower was much faster than ours.

He hadn't upgraded to the newer drivers and was using Sybase 11.  When
he upgraded to Sybase 12 (ASE) drivers his performance has dropped
significantly.

Are there any tuning options, or known problems for the Sybase 12 ASE
driver?

Thanks,
David

2. Run-time error '3146' from ODBC SQL server driver

3. importing database from SQL 2000 to ASE 12

4. Calculating the exact amount of months between two dates

5. Sybase ASE 12.x on HP-UX 11i Itanium Processor

6. Problems with cascade deletes ?

7. Sybase mirroring in ASE 12.0.0.2

8. Importing text file with variable number of columns

9. ASE 11.5 vs ASE 12 : exclusive locks at page / table

10. Sybase ASE 12 error 414 - Strategy ?

11. Looking for info on GUI software for DBA Sybase ASE 11/12

12. Migrating dbs from ASE 11.0.3.3 (desupported) to ASE 12.x

13. Sybase ASE 12 (510-014) Associate Exam