sp_makewebtask to Network Drive

Post by David Maye » Fri, 21 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I want to use sp_makewebtask to read a template and output an HTML file
on an external drive connected via a LAN.  According to the docs, you
should be able to do this, but I haven't had any success.

I tried mapping a drive and using a universal name (like //xxx/C$/...).
I am able to read and create the file names I want through Explorer and
DOS, but not with sp_makewebtask.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

sp_makewebtask to Network Drive

Post by Marc D. Joff » Sun, 23 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Thanks for this informative reply!

1. sp_makewebtask - saving to network drive

I have a nightly sp_makewebtask running, and I would like to save
the output file to a network drive.  When I map a drive from the
machine with the SQL server and attempt to save it to that drive,
it gives me an error (unable to create output file).  Also, when
I try to use \\SERVER\c$ it still won't let me.  Any solutions to
get this file over the desired drive, without spawning a shell
script?

Also, I was having problems using a stored procedure in sp_makewebtask,
with query = 'My_Stored_Procedure' -- is there another syntax
I should be using?

thanks for your time.

-dan

--

     http://homepage.interaccess.com/~blanchar

2. Labels

3. 2.6a, NT4.0 and "Network error on drive <network drive>"

4. Any Time Series Examples?

5. Mapping a network drive through SQL

6. Start and Stop IDS with Solaris rc* scripts

7. script to save a *.csv file to a mapped network drive

8. Command line to Process Cubes

9. Backup to Network Drive?

10. How to connect to Windows NT 4.0 Server via RAS as networked drive

11. Create/Use a device in a network drive

12. scheduling batches w/ network drive reference

13. additional hard drives on network