Standard Edition v/s Enterprise Edition ?

Standard Edition v/s Enterprise Edition ?

Post by Akshay » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 01:44:05

Hi,
Is anybody running SQL 2K Standard Edition in production? Also if it is a
web site.
Our servers are  4cpu upto 2 gb. only other thing we need is log shipping
for which I guess we would do manual implementation. Does enterprise dition
provide us with anything extra.
Regrads,
AK

Standard Edition v/s Enterprise Edition ?

Post by Bob Pfeif » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 02:31:02

If you aren't taxing the 4 CPU/2GB machines with your web site, and manual
log shipping is feasible for your failover needs, then the standard edition
is probably fine.  I've worked on several e-commerce sites that use standard
edition.

There is a matrix of features in books online that you should look at.

Standard Edition v/s Enterprise Edition ?

Post by flicke » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 05:37:12

You can manually set up log shipping with Std. Edition.  Look at
http://www.sql-server-performance.com/sql_server_log_shipping.asp.
Enterprise Edition has Log Shiping built-in as part of Database Maintenance
Plans.

Quote:> Hi,
> Is anybody running SQL 2K Standard Edition in production? Also if it is a
> web site.
> Our servers are  4cpu upto 2 gb. only other thing we need is log shipping
> for which I guess we would do manual implementation. Does enterprise
dition
> provide us with anything extra.
> Regrads,
> AK

1. Upgrading SQ7 Standard Edition to SQL7 Enterprise Edition

How easy/involved is this upgrade from SQL7 Standard to SQL7 Enterprise
Edition?    Will this preserve my data?

I have a critical demo planned and cannot afford any downtime.    I need the
power of SQL7 Enterprise Edition with 4 GB Memory support.     How safe is
this attempt to upgrade?    Anyone who has done this before?

Thanks a lot.

Raja Marla

2. Controlling parallel queries

3. Differences between SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition and the Enterprise Edition

4. Melbourne-OZ Readers: Blue Moon Presentation by Oracle's

5. SQL 2000 - switch from Enterprise edition to Standard edition

6. I don't login database...HELP!!!

7. MS-SQL 2000 Enterprise edition vs. Standard Edition

8. can't connect to AS Enterprise Edition from AS Manager Standard edition

9. Enterprise Edition vs Standard Edition

10. what is exact difference between Enterprise Edition and standard edition

11. Upgrading SQL server standard edition to enterprise edition