LDAP AND AUTHENTICATION

Post by Zigg » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:13:55

Hello
I have a client that want to start a internationalproject
with analysis services and mobile people

The big question : the users don't have NT Accounts but
the have an entry in the ldap directory of the society

Is there a way to manage it?
Thanks
Ziggy

LDAP AND AUTHENTICATION

Post by Zigg » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:13:51

Hello
I have a client that want to start a internationalproject
with analysis services and mobile people

The big question : the users don't have NT Accounts but
the have an entry in the ldap directory of the society

Is there a way to manage it?
Thanks
Ziggy

1. Using LDAP for MySQL authentication?

I've looked around a bit for something but can't seem to find it.

I've looked at the Keystone and the Ministry of Truth (MOT-2) web-based
ticketing systems/databases and both appear to use a proprietary user
base.  It seems that the users known to the application are neither
MySQL database users, or any externally-known users.

I want to bring up a ticketing/change control/request system but I
DON'T want my users to have to keep track of yet another userid and
password.  I want this system to simply point to an enterprise-wide
LDAP database of users and use THOSE userids and passwords.

I've had no luck either finding an LDAP authentication connector for
Keyston or MOT or for MySQL.  I've had plenty of luck finding the
reverse -- authentication devices that take userids and passwords
stored in MySQL and present them in LDAP, RADIUS or as a PAM module,
but nothing that makes MySQL, Keystone or MOT point to an external
source for authentication.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Surely this problem has
already been solved elsewhere.

If I receive substantive replies via E-Mail, I'll summarize to
comp.databases.

Thanks,

-KwM-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Ingres VISION product

3. LDAP authentication

4. Problem when connecting CRW 4.0 to a large database

5. SQL Server Upgrade Wizard

6. Authentication through an LDAP server ???

7. ^-- New York City-New York - Oracle DBA, Network, Financials, Database Administrator --^

8. User authentication with DS+LDAP

9. OLAP NT Authentication via LDAP

10. Authentication in LDAP environment

11. User authentication from an LDAP server?

12. LDAP Authentication Integration