Can we backup publisher and distributor?

Can we backup publisher and distributor?

Post by Kevi » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:53:57

Kevin Gao
khgao2163.net

1. SQL Backup -vs- NT Backup

------=_NextPart_000_01BC3DFD.5AC03F20

Hi,

I'm studying SQL Server using the MS Press book. It has the following note:

"Always use the Microsoft SQL Server backup facility to back up your
databases. Using Microsoft Windows NT Server to make copies of your
databases does not ensure their integrity"

What does SQL backup do different that ensures db integrity?

I've always try to organize my shops so I can do one, complete backup every
night. Is this just a weakness of NT Server backup? I'd probably use a
third-party product anyway.

TIA,

--
David Morris, MCP

------=_NextPart_000_01BC3DFD.5AC03F20

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Hi,<br><br>I'm studying SQL Server =
using the MS Press book. It has the following note:<br><br>&quot;Always =
use the Microsoft SQL Server backup facility to back up your databases. =
Using Microsoft Windows NT Server to make copies of your databases does =
not ensure their integrity&quot;<br><br>What does SQL backup do =
different that ensures db integrity?<br><br>I've always try to organize =
my shops so I can do one, complete backup every night. Is this just a =
weakness of NT Server backup? I'd probably use a third-party product =

------=_NextPart_000_01BC3DFD.5AC03F20--

2. Host Access : is 50 the maximum items that can be passed to MS Excel?

3. Backup from filegroup without transaction log backups

4. Crystal reading base SQL Server 2000

5. SQL Server Backup (Snapshot Backup)

6. Problem: Installation and registering with Enterprise Manager

7. Backup Command - expiry of backups

8. File size and growth

9. Unique Filename for backups - pruning old backups

10. Backup Exec Full DB Backup

11. Can Windows 2000 NT backup, perform a backup on SQL Server 7/2000?, pcumming

12. Problems backup up SQL Server 7.0 with Backup Exec

13. Remove Backup Set Name or Backup history