Executing Triggers through DTS

Post by José Paulo Pinto Coelh » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:59:26

Hello
I Have a DTS that copies one file txt to a Table.
That table as a Trigger for insert.
When i insert one line by hand, the trigger fires, but with DTS he never
does.
What Can i do??

Executing Triggers through DTS

Post by Andy Hughe » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:34:39

Jose

I think the problem here lies with the fact that your package is probably
set to use bulk inserts when running the data transformation task.  These
are nonlogged operations which will not cause triggers to fire.

There is an option for each transformation to turn of the bulk insert
properties dialog box.  Deselct the Fast Load option.  Also, check that the
Select Into/Bulk Copy option is not active on the destination database.

Hopefully this will cure the problem.

However, this may be an inefficient way of doing things, especially for
large uploads.  It may be better to append an Exec SQL Task to the DTS
package containing code that will mimic the trigger but will work on the
whole batch.  This will only be practical assuming you have some way of
identifying the new records.

HTH
Andy H

Quote:> Hello
> I Have a DTS that copies one file txt to a Table.
> That table as a Trigger for insert.
> When i insert one line by hand, the trigger fires, but with DTS he never
> does.
> What Can i do??

1. Trigger does not work when DTS executes

Hi all,
Please help me with the following problem
I have  a package inserting rows from a text file to a table in a database.
The table has trigger stoping from inserting special records, but it is
ignored when i insert records with DTS.
What can i do to make my trigger function also in case i insert records
using DTS?
Regards
MNdreu

2. query in datagrid

3. Can't execute DTS Package inside trigger

4. How do I determine Last Database Usage/Modification ?

5. Too DAMN Long??:/

6. Executing DTS from T-SQL builiding, executing and destroying JOBs

7. Access searches in VB

8. Execute DTS from asp.Net failure because that package contain execute SQL task

9. Triggers: Can SQL Server execute thousands of Triggers at a time

10. DTS package not executing an inside DTS package

11. DTS Log/Executing DTS from stored procedure

12. Execute DTS Package within another DTS Package