Auto Job

Post by Noorali Issan » Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:09:48

Dear Professional

Can any one let me know that how can I take backup into different server,
Like my production server's ip is ........ 66.11.22.22 (Source)
and I want to take backup into this ip .... 66.11.22.23(Destination)

How can I ?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Noor

Auto Job

Post by linda deng[M » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 20:29:00

Hi Noor,

Per your previous post, you want to backup a database to another machine on
the network. If I understand you correctly, please try the following steps.
I have performed some test on this issue, and this job can be configured to
run automatically and successfully.

1. Share a folder on the destination machine.
2. Access this share folder on the source machine and right-click this
folder, then choose Map Network Drive to map this share folder on the
source machine.

3. Create a job in the Enterprise Manager. Please make sure that the
startup account of the SQL Server Agent has the Full Control permissions on
that share folder.
4. Issue the backup statement as the job step statement and set the job
schedule. For example, assume that the mapping network driver is G.

backup database test_db
to disk = 'G:\bk_db.bak'

5. Save this job.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Corporation

Auto Job

Post by Noorali Issan » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:41:59

Thanks Linda Deng.

Quote:> Hi Noor,

> Per your previous post, you want to backup a database to another machine
on
> the network. If I understand you correctly, please try the following
steps.
> I have performed some test on this issue, and this job can be configured
> run automatically and successfully.

> 1. Share a folder on the destination machine.
> 2. Access this share folder on the source machine and right-click this
> folder, then choose Map Network Drive to map this share folder on the
> source machine.

> 3. Create a job in the Enterprise Manager. Please make sure that the
> startup account of the SQL Server Agent has the Full Control permissions
on
> that share folder.
> 4. Issue the backup statement as the job step statement and set the job
> schedule. For example, assume that the mapping network driver is G.

> backup database test_db
> to disk = 'G:\bk_db.bak'

> 5. Save this job.

> Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

> Sincerely,

> Linda Deng
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

1. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

JOB TITLE: Senior Programmer DataWareHousing

LENGTH: Temp-to-Perm

WORK LOCATION: Rockville or Frederick, Maryland

START DATE:  ASAP

TRAVEL:  WHERE:  % OF TIME:

HOURS: 40+

Near a DBA  has to have experience with either Oracle 7 or 8

Design and architect an Oracle Dbase for the DataWarehouse group.

Heavy SQL tuning but not Dbase tuning.  Needs to know database indexing
versus non indexing; architect data structures; familiar with I/O
constraints; Star Schemas; map Indexing; needs to know indexing versus
non-indexing.

Need to understand the buiness/industry and the DataBase.  Will look at
somebody whos been working with Oracle for 2 to 3 years, but not someone
that that has been coding in Forms.

DataWarehouse members; claims; providers; authorizations, payments, etc.
all maintained in these DataBases.  They are massive in size.

Sun boxes; Unix platform;

Core hours are 9 to 4.  If someone wants to leave at 4, they need to be in
at 8, and inversely, if they are in at 9, theyll leave at 5.

2. ADO provider error

3. JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Looking for a online backup procedure(pl/sql) on unix

5. Auto-Schedule Jobs Don't Run

6. Joining Openqueries in Stored Procedure

7. New Auto-Email Job Service

8. FOXFIX Utility - Anyone with experience

9. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!

10. Job job job loooooOOOOverly job! <- unemployed Vikings

11. Auto Number or Auto Increment

12. Auto create/ auto update statistics, server 7.0