vb3 + odbc + SQL 6.5 = ODBC Timeout

Post by C:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAI » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

we are in the process of upgrading our SQL Server app 4.21a to 6.5. It
is vb3 connecting via Jet and ODBC to SQL on named pipes. IF we use the
latest version of ODBC and the SQL Server ODBC dll's as shipped with
6.5 we get ODBC Timeout error as soon as the app tries to call a stored
procedure. Traced using SQLTrace and ODBC client trace and there is
nothing obvious.

However, when we use the existing 4.21a dll's everthing works fine.

Going to compile the visdata sample app and test that so Microsoft
can't blame the application.

any ideas ?

--

Greenfell Computing Ltd
Microsoft Solution Provider

1. ODBC CALL FAILED With VB3 and SQL Server 6.5

I developed a Client/server application with VB3 and Sql Server 6.5

When i use a snapshot, i've a problem.

This problem didn't arrive on the first snap, but at any moment.

This message is "ODBC CALL FAILED [MIcrosoft][ODBC SQL SERVER] Unknown Mark
receive from Server Sql(#0)"

The version  of driver ODBC is 2.5.0126

I don't uderstand what happen.

The database didn't "Suspect"

2. Oracle / Focus Migration

3. ODBC timeout when connecting from ACCESS 97 to SQL Server 6.5 (heavy loaded server)

4. Converting Memos/Memo fields

5. SQL 6.5 and IIS 4.0 odbc timeout

6. 11.9.2 has been released

7. ODBC timeout expiring (Access97 > SQL Server 6.5

8. Service Error

9. ODBC Timeout from Access 2 to SQL 6.0/6.5

10. SQL 6.5 and IIS 4.0 ODBC timeout

11. Timeout, ODBC, SQL 6.5

12. SQL 6.5 and IIS 4.0 ODBC timeout