Enterprise Manager "Error"

Post by =NUB=BotBo » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

hi all,

i have heard here is the right place to ask for some help :-)

 first in german :
"Vorraussetzungen:
Server -> MS SQL Server 7.0, SP 2
Client -> MS SQL Server 7.0, ohne SP

Beschreibung:
Im Enterprise Manager auf dem Client tritt beim ?ffnen
einer beliebigen Tabelle folgender Fehler auf:
"Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist w?hrend dieses Vorgangs aufgetreten.
[Abfrage] - Im Abfragedesigner ist ein Abfrage-Fehler aufgetreten:
Unbekannter Fehler"
Die Abfrage ber den Enterprise Manager hat initial funktioniert.
Eine Abfrage ber z.B. Query Analyzer ist jedoch m?glich.

second in english (sorry for my ...):
In Enterprise Manager i tried to open a table. ( between on the server it
was allright)
the enterprise screen got blank and the  errrorwindows appeared.
" Unexpected Error occurred. [Query]- .... unkown errror
when i tried the queryanalyser the query is possible.

thx a lot
Ralf Petschulat

Enterprise Manager "Error"

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I believe that rebooting the machine where you run EM might solve the problem (but I'm
not 100% sure...)

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Neil's FAQ at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> hi all,

> i have heard here is the right place to ask for some help :-)

>  first in german :
> "Vorraussetzungen:
> Server -> MS SQL Server 7.0, SP 2
> Client -> MS SQL Server 7.0, ohne SP

> Beschreibung:
> Im Enterprise Manager auf dem Client tritt beim ?ffnen
> einer beliebigen Tabelle folgender Fehler auf:
> "Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist w?hrend dieses Vorgangs aufgetreten.
> [Abfrage] - Im Abfragedesigner ist ein Abfrage-Fehler aufgetreten:
> Unbekannter Fehler"
> Die Abfrage ber den Enterprise Manager hat initial funktioniert.
> Eine Abfrage ber z.B. Query Analyzer ist jedoch m?glich.

> second in english (sorry for my ...):
> In Enterprise Manager i tried to open a table. ( between on the server it
> was allright)
> the enterprise screen got blank and the  errrorwindows appeared.
> " Unexpected Error occurred. [Query]- .... unkown errror
> when i tried the queryanalyser the query is possible.

> thx a lot
> Ralf Petschulat

Enterprise Manager "Error"

Post by Joon » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I received the same error before and I recreated the table and I have not
received the same error since.
So, try recreating it first.  It is possible that you might have some
corrupt indexes.

Hope this Helps,
Joon

Quote:> hi all,

> i have heard here is the right place to ask for some help :-)

>  first in german :
> "Vorraussetzungen:
> Server -> MS SQL Server 7.0, SP 2
> Client -> MS SQL Server 7.0, ohne SP

> Beschreibung:
> Im Enterprise Manager auf dem Client tritt beim ?ffnen
> einer beliebigen Tabelle folgender Fehler auf:
> "Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist w?hrend dieses Vorgangs aufgetreten.
> [Abfrage] - Im Abfragedesigner ist ein Abfrage-Fehler aufgetreten:
> Unbekannter Fehler"
> Die Abfrage ber den Enterprise Manager hat initial funktioniert.
> Eine Abfrage ber z.B. Query Analyzer ist jedoch m?glich.

> second in english (sorry for my ...):
> In Enterprise Manager i tried to open a table. ( between on the server it
> was allright)
> the enterprise screen got blank and the  errrorwindows appeared.
> " Unexpected Error occurred. [Query]- .... unkown errror
> when i tried the queryanalyser the query is possible.

> thx a lot
> Ralf Petschulat

1. "Unknown error " with SQL Enterprise Manager

Hello everyone..I have problems to query data with SQL Enterprise
Manager, but it has a "Unknown Error", and I can't access the data in
the tables of the SQL database....But if I use the SQL Query Analyzer,
I can access the data with the same query commands that I use with the
SQL Enterprise MAnager...Someone can help me?

PS: excuse my english, I'm learning it yet :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Help With Search Function

3. Enterprise Manager "catastrophic failure" message

4. Application server and JavaScript

5. sp_makewebtask to Network Drive

6. "suspect" tags in SQL Enterprise Manager

7. Slow insert because of Index.

8. Irritating "feature" of Enterprise Manager

9. Reinstall "Enterprise manager"?????

10. Enterprise Manager "Open Table" frustration

11. database missing at "Enterprise manager"

12. "Process Info" in Enterprise Manager