diffrence between MS Access & MS SQL Server

diffrence between MS Access & MS SQL Server

Post by M H » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I know MS ACEESS, please some one explain differnce betwwen MS SQL SERVER
and some database like ACCESS?

Do we install SQL SERver on a server and it is another kind of database?

Mansour

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?b ****-
 Real Discussions for Real People

diffrence between MS Access & MS SQL Server

Post by Ryszard Pyzanowsk » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

This question is important in network environment. MS Access to realize a
query must read whole database file over network. And on other hand SQL
server reads database file locally and sends to user only its small portion
being answer to query. It makes SQL server much faster, when database has
several tens of megabytes or more. And your database is more safier from
unauthorized use and physical damage. MS Access has access to physical file
and damaged computer can destroy it. With SQL server MS Access has no access
to physical file, only to records.

Quote:> I know MS ACEESS, please some one explain differnce betwwen MS SQL SERVER