Columns in different table.

Post by Noor » Wed, 22 May 2002 16:24:06

    Dear Sir,

I wanna ask one question regarding the column name, let's suppose the column
name is ... tab_Desc, so I wanna know that in how many tables this column
exist and also name of the table where this column exist.

Regards
Noor

Columns in different table.

Post by oj » Wed, 22 May 2002 16:18:11

noor,

--sql7/2k
select distinct table_name
from information_schema.columns
where column_name='tab_desc'

--
-oj

http://www.rac4sql.net

http://vyaskn.tripod.com

Quote:>     Dear Sir,

> I wanna ask one question regarding the column name, let's suppose the
column
> name is ... tab_Desc, so I wanna know that in how many tables this column
> exist and also name of the table where this column exist.

> Regards
> Noor

1. how to establish referntial integraty of a column with two different columns of different tables

Hello:
I have one table named "Payment" which has one column "InstrumentId". I have
to establish the referential integrity with a table "check" with it's
CheckId which is Primary key of that table as well as with a table
"CreditCard" with it's CreditCardId which is the Primary key of CreditCard
table. I have anothr colum in "Payment"  table which decides weather payment
is by Check or CreditCard and according to it InstrumentalId will refer
CheckId or CredirCardId of Check or CreditCard table respectivly.
Do I have to use Trigger?

2. WHY Select DISTINCT in INLINE PROCEDURE is giving duplicate rows ???

3. Retrieve Data from a column in different table

4. I need an opinion...

5. Same Columns in different tables updating

6. cross tab queries

7. Need help displaying multiple columns from different tables

8. Automated Jobs Fail

9. Showing mutliple columns from different tables in a grid

10. How do I count Columns in Different Tables??

11. HowTo merge columns from different tables to one table?

12. select different column from table A according to table B

13. R: select different column from table A according to table B