Problem during installation of SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition on Win98

Problem during installation of SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition on Win98

Post by Ivan » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:45:23

Hi all,

I am trying to install SQL Server7.0 Desktop Edition on Win98.
Instalion failed while cnfgserver  attempting to connect to SQL Server
during the instalation procedure.
The following is from cnfgsrv.out:

Starting Service ...
An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1460)
SQL Server configuration failed.

The networking components are installed and work fine - card, tcp protocol,
client for Microsoft networks. I cannot understand where the problem is.
Please help!

Sorry for my bad English.

Problem during installation of SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition on Win98

Post by Dana Burnel » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 07:29:17

Ivan, send me your cnfgsvr.out file and I will see what I can find.

Quote:> Hi all,

> I am trying to install SQL Server7.0 Desktop Edition on Win98.
> Instalion failed while cnfgserver  attempting to connect to SQL Server
> during the instalation procedure.
> The following is from cnfgsrv.out:

> Starting Service ...
> An error occurred while attempting to start the service (1460)
> SQL Server configuration failed.

> The networking components are installed and work fine - card, tcp
protocol,
> client for Microsoft networks. I cannot understand where the problem is.
> Please help!

> Sorry for my bad English.

1. Installation of SQL Server 7 Desktop Edition on Windows 98 - PROBLEM

Hi all...

I have tried numerous times to install SQL Server 7 Desktop Edition on
Windows 98 but I keep getting the following error message at the end
of the installation process

"Setup failed to configure the server.  Refer to Server Error Logs and
cnfgsvr.out for more information".

cnfgsvr.out READS:

Starting Service ...
Connecting to Server ...
driver={sql server};server=X4G1R2;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
Remapping Server Databases ...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 6 generated fatal exception
c0000091 EXCEPTION_FLT_OVERFLOW. SQL Server is terminating this
process.

SQL Server configuration failed.

LAST FEW LINES OF ERRORLOG READS:

2002-02-21 17:27:14.44 spid6    Problem creating symptom dump file due
to internal exception2002-02-21 17:27:14.62 spid6    Error: 0,
Severity: 19, State: 0

2002-02-21 17:27:14.62 spid6    language_exec: Process 6 generated an
access violation. SQL Server is terminating this process.

2002-02-21 17:27:20.62 kernel   SQL Server is terminating due to
'stop' request from Service Control Manager.

Can anyone offer any help or advice..

Look forward to receiving your comments...

Kind Regards
Newbie...

2. PK-Violation on IDENTITY col. that is the Clustered Index

3. Installation of SQL 7.0 Desktop Edition Locks up on Win 98 Machine

4. An "easy" way to move a published SQL7 database to a new server?

5. Installation of SQL 7.0 desktop edition

6. Help: restoring user - login link on standby database

7. Problem logging in and connecting to MS SQL 7 (Desktop Edition) on offline Win98 machine

8. Problems with QReport and Delph 3

9. SQL Server 7.0 installation problem on win98

10. SQL Server 7 Desktop edition on Win98

11. SQL Server Desktop edition on Win98 (won't run)

12. SQL Connection Error with SQL Server 7.0 Desktop Edition and Windows ME