"Invalid cursor position" error when accessing Text field in SQL Server

"Invalid cursor position" error when accessing Text field in SQL Server

Post by Andrew Hoppe » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Sorry, Elliott. Text/image fields just don't like Cursorless (i.e. Forward
Only) recordsets.
--
Andy Hopper
Research Engineer

Quote:> I'm opening an ODBCDirect recordset in VB 5.0 with the dbOpenForwardOnly
> flag against a SQL Server 6.5 database.  I can access regular fields just
> fine, but when I get to a field that is of the Text datatype, I get a
> "Invalid cursor position" error message.  If I open the recordset with
the
> dbSnapshot flag, it works great.  The reason I want to use the
> dbOpenForwardOnly flag is that queries run significantly faster.  Thanks
in
> advance...

> Elliott Breuer
> Breuer & Co.

1. SQL 7.0 error "Invalid Cursor State"

HI,

I'm developing a DB with SQL 7.0  I've created a table with an integer
field.  Every record has 0 in this field.  I've changed my mind and would
like to change the data type to decimal.  When I attempt to make this
change, I get the "Invalid Cursor State" error.  I've tried deleting the
field and recreating it, with the same result.  The DB and logs are well
below their maximum size limits.

What's going on? Do I need to delete the whole table and re-create it?

TIA,

Ron Walters

2. How to load images into image fields in the table?

3. "Invalid cursor position" error when accessing Text field in SQL Server

4. Webserver Problems

5. "Invalid cursor state" / Error 0x80004005

6. problems with connections

7. "Invalid cursor state" error

8. upgrad wizards hangs on export

9. "Invalid Cursor Error"

10. "Invalid Char in Field" error

11. How to make a "decimal"-field to an "integer"-field

12. "Invalid SQL" error at random

13. "Invalid cursor state"