how to change the database sort order and the database charset

how to change the database sort order and the database charset

Post by Pierre.Canto » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

During the SQL Server intallation, it's possible to choice default charset
and default sort order. But, if server exist, how can I do to change these
two database properties ?
Please !!!

how to change the database sort order and the database charset

Post by Dan Guzma » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You must unload your user databases (if you need to keep data), rebuild the
master database and reload your user databases.  See the SQL Server Books
Online for details.

Hope this helps.

>During the SQL Server intallation, it's possible to choice default charset
>and default sort order. But, if server exist, how can I do to change these
>two database properties ?
>Please !!!

how to change the database sort order and the database charset

Post by Ng K C Pa » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

It seems that when I install MSSQL7, it wouldn't ask me the sort order.

Any suggestion?

: You must unload your user databases (if you need to keep data), rebuild the
: master database and reload your user databases.  See the SQL Server Books
: Online for details.
:
: Hope this helps.
:
: >During the SQL Server intallation, it's possible to choice default charset
: >and default sort order. But, if server exist, how can I do to change these
: >two database properties ?
: >Please !!!
: >
: >