SQL7 SP1 problem with INSERT float value

SQL7 SP1 problem with INSERT float value

Post by Lars Regel Jense » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

When I opdate from MS-SQL Server 7 with SP1 I got a problem when I INSERT a
float value. Before I use this SQL statement to insert 2 float-value to a
table:

INSERT INTO TABLE (FELT1, FELT2) VALUES (1.234E2, 2.23)

before SP1 it work with no problem, but now only digit before "." is insert.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lars

SQL7 SP1 problem with INSERT float value

Post by BPMargoli » Sun, 06 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Lars,

Please do not post the same question independently to multiple newsgroups.
See my reply in .server

Quote:> When I opdate from MS-SQL Server 7 with SP1 I got a problem when I INSERT
> float value. Before I use this SQL statement to insert 2 float-value to a
> table:

> INSERT INTO TABLE (FELT1, FELT2) VALUES (1.234E2, 2.23)

> before SP1 it work with no problem, but now only digit before "." is
insert.

> Any help is much appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Lars

1. SQL7 SP1 problem with INSERT float value

When I opdate from MS-SQL Server 7 with SP1 I got a problem when I INSERT a
float value. Before I use this SQL statement to insert 2 float-value to a
table:

INSERT INTO TABLE (FELT1, FELT2) VALUES (1.234E2, 2.23)

before SP1 it work with no problem, but now only digit before "." is insert.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lars

2. BCP Help

3. NZ Sybase User Group Web Site (NEW!)

4. SQL7 SP1 BULK INSERT Memory Leak?

5. Restoring 6.5 database to 7.0

6. MDAC2.5-SP1 on SQL7.0EE-SP1 on NT4EE-SP6

7. REGINA: Oracle Consultant - up to $55/hr

8. Inserting NaN values into float fields

9. Inserting float values

10. Inserting a float value into a money datatype

11. SQL7.0 SP1 beta performance regression from SQL7.0 RTM

12. Anonymous Merge Replication SQL7 SP1&2 to JET Access 2000 Problem