XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Trevor Benedict » Tue, 06 Nov 2001 14:53:03

I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error saying that Login failed because user is not in the
Administrators group.

1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
2. If so how do I register this.
3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)

The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works properly.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
Software Engineer
Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Richard Rodrigue » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 05:53:50

The login ID you are logged in as must be a member of the 'OLAP
Administrators' group.

Quote:> I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the

Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
Quote:> server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error saying

that Login failed because user is not in the
Quote:> Administrators group.

> 1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
> 2. If so how do I register this.
> 3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)

> The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works
properly.

> Regards

> Trevor Benedict R
> Software Engineer
> Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Trevor Benedict » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 09:58:13

Thanks Richard, but the problem , the documentation states that I have to do this in the User Manager. With XP
Professional I'm not sure if we have something like this. I checked on the NT Server and the User Account is under the
OLAP Administrators group, but how can I go about acheiving the same thing on a XP Professional box.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
Software Engineer
Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

| The login ID you are logged in as must be a member of the 'OLAP
| Administrators' group.
|

| > I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the
| Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
| > server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error saying
| that Login failed because user is not in the
| > Administrators group.
| >
| > 1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
| > 2. If so how do I register this.
| > 3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)
| >
| > The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works
| properly.
| >
| > Regards
| >
| > Trevor Benedict R
| > Software Engineer
| > Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Mosha Pasumansk » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:50:34

Under Windows XP:

My Computer -> (right click) -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups -> Groups

You will see OLAP Administrators group.

Development Lead in the Analysis Server team
All you need is love (John Lennon)
Disclaimer : Ce site est fourni en l'etat, sans garantie d'aucune sorte, et
ne vous confere aucun droit.

Quote:> Thanks Richard, but the problem , the documentation states that I have to

do this in the User Manager. With XP
Quote:> Professional I'm not sure if we have something like this. I checked on the

NT Server and the User Account is under the
Quote:> OLAP Administrators group, but how can I go about acheiving the same thing

on a XP Professional box.

> Regards

> Trevor Benedict R
> Software Engineer
> Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

> | The login ID you are logged in as must be a member of the 'OLAP
> | Administrators' group.
> |

> | > I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the
> | Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
> | > server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error
saying
> | that Login failed because user is not in the
> | > Administrators group.
> | >
> | > 1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
> | > 2. If so how do I register this.
> | > 3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)
> | >
> | > The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works
> | properly.
> | >
> | > Regards
> | >
> | > Trevor Benedict R
> | > Software Engineer
> | > Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Trevor Benedict » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:13:27

Thank you very much. It worked. The problem was that the user was loggin in using the default account and that was my
first encounter with XP.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
Software Engineer
Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Peter Andre » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 23:03:00

I have exactly the same problem. I can't register the server.
But my username is a member of the 'OLAP Administrators'

Removing the membership and inserting it again did not help. Even with
Logoff / Logon not.

Thanks for help
Peter Andres

Quote:> I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the

Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
Quote:> server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error saying

that Login failed because user is not in the
Quote:> Administrators group.

> 1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
> 2. If so how do I register this.
> 3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)

> The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works
properly.

> Regards

> Trevor Benedict R
> Software Engineer
> Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Trevor Benedict » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:24:16

I removed the SQL Server registration OLAP Admin and after adding the User to the OLAP Administratos group, I
re-registered and it worked. I'm not sure if the User account that you used should have the Administrator Privilage.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
Software Engineer
Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

XP & SQL 2000 Analysis Service - Registeration - Error

Post by Rick De Marc » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:34:30

Try and install the lastest service pack for OLAP, I had this same problem
with XP and installed the lastest OLAP service pack plus the SQL Server 2000
service pack and it all got fixed...

> I have exactly the same problem. I can't register the server.
> But my username is a member of the 'OLAP Administrators'

> Removing the membership and inserting it again did not help. Even with
> Logoff / Logon not.

> Thanks for help
> Peter Andres

> > I'm using XP Professional and SQL Server 2000 installed along with the
> Analysis Service. I'm not able to register the
> > server in the Analysis Service Administrator because I get an error
saying
> that Login failed because user is not in the
> > Administrators group.

> > 1. Will the analysis service work on XP.
> > 2. If so how do I register this.
> > 3. Do I have to install the Service Pack (I)

> > The MSDN talks about Windows 2000 and NT 4.0. This configuration works
> properly.

> > Regards

> > Trevor Benedict R
> > Software Engineer
> > Mascot Malaysia Sdn Bhd

1. Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

Hi there,

can anyone help me with a definitive guide as to what combination of the
following should work correctly. My understanding is that there is a
known problem with a version of the msolap80.dll that has shipped with
some releases of MDAC 2.7 but I don't know which MDAC 2.7 releases are
or aren't OK.

Windows XP  and AS2000 sp1
Windows XP  and AS2000 sp2
Would including Office XP in the mix of the above make any difference?

Basically, I need to find a combination that is OK whether it involves
installing PTSFull from AS 2000 SP1 or SP2 or from Office 2000 or
where-ever. Also I gather there may be a release of MDAC 2.7 SP1 out
shortly?

Graeme Axworthy
Senior Architect
Global Product Development - Europe
Tel:  +44 (0) 20 7393 5509
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7393 5503

IMS HEALTH
7 Harewood Avenue, London, NW1 6JB, UK.
www.imshealth.com

2. JDBC question, please help.

3. Analysis Services. SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services

4. How to read cp1252 from cp850 SQL Server 7 in a SELECT statement

5. SQL 2000 & Analysis services

6. DRI - Multiple Databases

7. Error with setting up Analysis Services on SQL Server 2000

8. P.SQL 2000 SP2a and Scalable.SQL interface

9. Error installing Analysis Services SQL 2000 sp3

10. Analysis Services 2000 & HTTP

11. Office 2000 Web Components & Analysis Services

12. SQL Server Chat: SQL Server 2000 OLAP: Designing and Optimizing Analysis Services Cubes

13. What's New In Analysis Services 2000 (a.k.a OLAP Services)