why does NT slows down performance

Post by David Bafr » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

 I'm running under NT 4.0 SP3, Intel Pentium II 233 mHz with 64 MB RAM. The
system is much slower than when I was using Windows98. If I switch back to
Win98, besides winnt32 APIs, will I have any limitations using Visual studio
6.0 with SQL Server 6.5 ?? Will I be able to use SQL Server on the system
even if it's not connected to a network ??

              Thanx in advance
                         Dave

1. Why SELECT slowed down?

I have a mystery I hope you can shed some light (SQL Server 2000.
Newbie).

2 days ago I ran the following query

SELECT Subject, [From], [Date], Article
FROM dbo.Topics
WHERE contains (Message, 'dropdown*') AND len(Thread) = 8

which I put into a Stored Procedure, it returned 2,173 rows from 45,000
in 1 - 2 seconds. I have Full Text Search. That was great.

Now, I run the same and it takes 20 seconds. Hmmm ?

The only changes to the dbo.Topics is I have increased a column width on
an unrelated column. I have since re-populated the FTS.

Any ideas, reasons why please?
TIA

--
Rohan Vaz

2. relationship diagram help

3. Why does RDO slow down?

4. HowTo make a database with tabeles for IIS logging ?

5. How do I get the names of the tables in my db at runtime?

6. Why do things slow down without a VACUUM?

7. UPDATE: B-tree source code for Pick

8. Oracle slows down, why?

9. Analyze Table Compute Statistics but slowed down performance ??

10. Expand SGA but performance slow down?

11. SQL Server 2000 slow down in performance