XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

Post by Srini » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:04:07

When I try to use sp_xml_preparedocument or any other xml
stored procedure I get the error:

XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

I am running sql 2000. Any ideas??

any Help is greatly appreciated..
thankz

XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

Post by Bryant Like » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:55:16

Quote:> When I try to use sp_xml_preparedocument or any other xml
> stored procedure I get the error:

> XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

Sounds like you are running in fibers mode. See this page for more
information:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/entrmgr/em_269f.asp

Turn off the fibers mode and then you should be able to use the XML stored
procedures.

--
Bryant

XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode

Post by watters » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:17:35

I've found that it's a difference in the version of MDAC that you're
using. I get that failure if I access the database, which has MDAC 2.7
installed on the server, with a machine that has MDAC 2.6, but not if
it's got MDAC 2.5. So, you have a choice, turn off fiber mode within SQL
Server, or make sure that your MDACs match. HTH.

1. XML stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode.

We need to use OPENXML
Example

      N'<ROOT>
         <Customers CustomerID="XYZAA" ContactName="Joe"
               CompanyName="Company1">
            <Orders CustomerID="XYZAA"
               OrderDate="2000-08-25T00:00:00"/>
            <Orders CustomerID="XYZAA"
               OrderDate="2000-10-03T00:00:00"/>
         </Customers>
         <Customers CustomerID="XYZBB" ContactName="Steve"
               CompanyName="Company2">No Orders yet!
         </Customers>
      </ROOT>'
-- Use OPENXML to provide rowset consisting of customer
data.
INSERT Customers
SELECT *

     WITH Customers

To do this we had to set the ligthweight Pooling to 0.
This works but the whole sql server slow down as a
result. Setting lightweight to 1 we get the error "XML
stored procedures are not supported in fibers mode."

What do we need to do to enable openxml and not slow down
the server?

2. Zero length delimited identifier

3. xml stored procs and fibers

4. DTS Error = -2147221499 (80040005)

5. SQL XML Stored Procedure using XML Explicit Returing XML to ASP Page

6. Visual BSF (VBSF)

7. extended stored procedure working in debug mode but not in release

8. execute module contained in ms access from vb-app

9. Insert Image in Stored Procedures: Not Supported

10. Rowset does not support fetching backward error with stored procedure call

11. Rowset does not support fetching backward with stored procedure

12. Is there a benefit for running fibers mode on a SQL Server (cluster)