How to Create SQL Server Resource Type, SQL Server Agent Resource Type

How to Create SQL Server Resource Type, SQL Server Agent Resource Type

Post by Anjali Gupt » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 04:05:08

Hi,

   We deleted The Entries in the Registry for the
   SQL Resource Type, SQL Server Agent Resource
  Type Accidentally. Is there a way to repair that or
   would we need a re-install.

Thanks
Anjali

How to Create SQL Server Resource Type, SQL Server Agent Resource Type

Post by John Smit » Sun, 13 May 2001 14:13:52

If you deleted these only from one of the nodes, you could make a backup of
the registry from the good node and restore them to the other node. If you
deleted them from both the nodes, then reboot both the nodes and choose the
last known good configuration during startup. This will be valid only if you
have not rebooted and logged in after making the deletes.
If the above do not hold good for you, you will have to reinstall.
-A

Quote:> Hi,

>    We deleted The Entries in the Registry for the
>    SQL Resource Type, SQL Server Agent Resource
>   Type Accidentally. Is there a way to repair that or
>    would we need a re-install.

> Thanks
> Anjali

1. Installing SQL Server 2000 - Unable to load SQL Server ODBC driver resource dll

Hi All,

When I'm installing SQL Server 2000 the installation
program aborts with the following message:

- SQL Server ODBC driver support error
- Unable to load SQL Server ODBC driver resource dll.

The log file contains the entries as given below.

Please can anybody help.

Thanks

Alexander

Log file entries:

Connecting to Server ...

driver={sql server};server=KS1;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle
on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

driver={sql server};server=KS1;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle
on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

driver={sql server};server=KS1;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle
on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

SQL Server configuration failed.

2. DbCombobox

3. DBGen - unhandled data type (from SQL Resource Kit) ?

4. pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dump.c

5. Data Transfer from Long data type to SQL Server Text data type column

6. OLEDB Performance Question.

7. SQL Server Types and C# Types

8. time is money ...

9. Mapping SQL Server Data Types and ADO Data Type Enums

10. Paradox graphic type to MS SQL Server 7 image type

11. Mapping ADO Data Types to SQL Server Data Types

12. Configuring SQL Server on a Server machine in a Resource Domain

13. Resources teaching SQL, T-SQL for MSSQL server.