Trap Entended stored procedure errors in DBLIB

Trap Entended stored procedure errors in DBLIB

Post by Sri Gol » Wed, 14 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am trying to TRAP errors from a stored procedure in DBLib.  The program
catches errors from DBLib, but when it comes to extended procedure the
DBLib Error handler or message handler are not able to catch them. I can
see  these errors when I run the procedure interactively. Does anyone have
any idea how to trap these errors.

thanks in advance,

Srikanth.

1. DTS with stored procedures / error trapping

I have a stored procedure -- which calls others -- that reads a staging
table using a cursor, and then inserts/updates 4 other production
tables.

When I run the procedure from SQL server, it works fine.

When I run it from DTS, it stops for no apparent reason, after
inserting only a few rows, reporting successful completion.

I have discovered that if I comment out procedures that I know are
producing execution-time errors, it will run longer with more rows
being inserted.  However, it is important for me to leave the execution
errors in and trap them myself.  The weird thing is that the option to
fail on the first error is not checked.  I have not been able to
determine whether it bombs after a specific number of errors, or
whether it bombs on the first error with sufficient severity.

Anyone run into this?  How do I get it to keep going?

--
Yabba Dabba Doo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. RESUME: SR ORACLE FINANCIALS CONSULTANT AVAILABLE

3. Trapping Errors Raised Within Stored Procedures

4. SQL Mail problem

5. trapping errors in stored procedures (newbie)

6. SP or View

7. Trapping errors from stored procedure calls

8. Error 10005 when trying to restore DB (urgent please)

9. Trapping error handles in extended stored procedures

10. Error trapping in stored procedure

11. Trapping and processing errors within stored procedures (SQL 7.0)

12. Stored Procedure error trap

13. Stored procedure error trapping from ASP