ole automation...calling objects in sql

Post by Jay Wadle » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 07:41:40

I'm trying to call the newmail object by creating an ole automation object
in a stored procedure.  My only problem is that when setting the body (of
the email) property(using sp_OASetProperty), the text is getting truncated
at 255 characters.  I am using a local varchar variable to hold the text.  I
think using the text data type might work, but local variables cannot be
declared with the text data type.  I have tried creating a temp table with a
text field and then selecting that when using sp_OASetProperty, but the
procedure will not accept a query as the property.  Help!!!

I would use xp_sendmail instead of this object business, but it doesn't
allow setting the from and return address.

thanks