Client on 1 hard drive and server on other hard drive

Client on 1 hard drive and server on other hard drive

Post by Kyle Johnso » Sun, 06 May 2001 12:20:28

I never got a straight answer when I asked this question before.

Let's say I have the client on the c:\ drive and the server on the e:\
drive(but from windows explorer on c:\ I can see the e:\ drive) 2 separate
drives. Can I connect to my sql database on my e:\ drive from my c:\ drive?

Thanks

Client on 1 hard drive and server on other hard drive

Post by Scott Whigha » Mon, 07 May 2001 08:43:32

Kyle - SQL Server is a database server not a file. The physical
implementation of your database server doesn't really matter to the client.

Good luck

Scott Whigham