Set-up is as follows ...
1. Webserver allows only NT challenge response security
2. Physically separate SQL server only allows NT security
3. SQL server services are set-up with domain accounts
4. ASP pages on webserver check LOGON_USER server variable and build a
5. Single domain 'mydomain'
6. default website set to NT challenge response only
7. testsite set to NT challenge response only
Although the connection string looks great e.g.
"driver =sql server; server = myserver;database = testdatabase;
trusted_connection =yes;uid = \\mydomain\testuser"
it is only possible to logon to the webserver and get authenticated by the
SQL server ?
If you logon on as the same admin user or any other user on another pc in
the domain although the connection string looks good the SQl server seems
to not be able to see the domain\username credentials - message on browser
driver =sql server; server = myserver;database = testdatabase;
trusted_connection =yes;uid = \\mydomain\testuser
MICROSOFT OLEDB PROVIDER FOR ODBC DRIVERS Error ODBC Drivers error
[MICROSOFT][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Logon failed for user '\'.
/testsite/default.asp, line 22
If you place SQL onto the same server as the webserver - everything works
fine - it only when you want a separate SQL server running NT security the
PLEASE HELP !!PLEASE HELP !!PLEASE HELP !!PLEASE HELP !!PLEASE HELP !!PLEASE
HELP !!PLEASE HELP !!