sql2k - error 1067 - could not start

Post by Bruce McKe » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:43:51

Using Windows 2000 server and SQL 2000 with sp2, I get the following
error

sql2k - error 1067 - could not start

The event log shows event id - 7031

I am really pulling my hair on this one.

Any ideas?

sql2k - error 1067 - could not start

Post by linda deng[M » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 12:08:09

Hi Bruce,

Per your previous post, you cannot start the SQL Server service and
encounter error 1067. If I understand you correctly, please try the
following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check the SQL Server error log and find the actual reason that you
cannot start the SQL Server service.

2. Please make sure that all the data files and transaction log files of
the system databases and the user databases exist in their original
folders, especially the system database files in the \MSSQL7\DATA\ folder.

3. Check the startup account for SQL Server. Please make sure that this
account belongs to the local admin group and you do not change the password
of this account. If so, please reset the password via Services applet in
Control Panel.

4. Check this startup account permissions on the files in MSSQL7 folder.
Please make sure it has Full Control on this folder.

5. Check the registry key in the registry to see if the startup parameters
are pointing to the correct location and also check permissions to make
sure the startup account has Full Control access.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer\Parameters

HTH.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Corporation

Post by AlCi » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:29:55

> Hi Bruce,

> Per your previous post, you cannot start the SQL Server service and
> encounter error 1067. If I understand you correctly, please try the
> following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

> 1. Check the SQL Server error log and find the actual reason that you
> cannot start the SQL Server service.

> 2. Please make sure that all the data files and transaction log files of
> the system databases and the user databases exist in their original
> folders, especially the system database files in the \MSSQL7\DATA\ folder.

> 3. Check the startup account for SQL Server. Please make sure that this
> account belongs to the local admin group and you do not change the password
> of this account. If so, please reset the password via Services applet in
> Control Panel.

> 4. Check this startup account permissions on the files in MSSQL7 folder.
> Please make sure it has Full Control on this folder.

> 5. Check the registry key in the registry to see if the startup parameters
> are pointing to the correct location and also check permissions to make
> sure the startup account has Full Control access.

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer\MSSQLServer\Parameters

> HTH.

> Sincerely,

> Linda Deng
> Microsoft Corporation

Hi all,
I have the same problem about error 1067.
In the log I have found that:

2003-01-14 14:51:54.21 server    SQL server listening on TCP, Shared
Memory, Named Pipes.
2003-01-14 14:51:54.21 server    SQL Server is ready for client
connections
*Stack Dump being sent to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL\log\SQL00044.dmp
2003-01-14 14:51:54.30 server    SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 1508
generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL
Server is terminating this process.
* *******************************************************************************
*
* BEGIN STACK DUMP:

Could you help me?
Have I to reinstall SQL server?

Sincerly,
Alfredo Ciampa

sql2k - error 1067 - could not start

Post by linda deng[MSF » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:34:46

Hi Alfredo,

Regarding to the AV error, it is the best that you can contact your local
PSS with the SQL Server error log files and the dump files. In the
newsgroup, it is not convenient to handle it, because it requires collect
more information for further troubleshooting.

HTH.

Sincerely,

Linda Deng
Microsoft Corporation