Where is the FAQ for the newsgroup?

Post by Brandon Stewar » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Dear Readers:

    I am new to SQL server and would like to get information about it.
I do not however want to upset anyone by asking a question that has
become repetitive and disruptive to the group.  If there is an FAQ
somewhere, could you please send me the address to it?

Brandon Stewart

Post by Gianluca Hot » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Dear Readers:

>    I am new to SQL server and would like to get information about it.
>I do not however want to upset anyone by asking a question that has
>become repetitive and disruptive to the group.  If there is an FAQ
>somewhere, could you please send me the address to it?

Brandon,
Microsoft has a FAQ on their support site http://support.microsoft.com
however I strongly suggest you to have a look at the following site
that have all of Neil's FAQs: http://www.ntfaq.com/sql.html .
Another site that runs a popular SQL Server FAQ is http://www.swynk.com/

HTH
--
Gianluca Hotz
MVP + MCP SQL Server and MCP Windows

1. ASP limitations - am I asking the right newsgroup?

Hi...

I'm pretty new to the idea of creating databases for use on the internet,
but I need to learn it fast for a project I am involved in. Currently I am
in the early stages of designing a website for student login, and tracking.
Since this initial plan may well expand further I need to plan the database
so that it can be used later for data mining. This is pretty ambitious
considering my level of knowledge pales in comparison to most of you guys.
Anyway, I hope that I can get help here.

Firstly I am not sure if I am asking this to the correct group, but here
goes - I am considering using Microsoft's Active Server Pages (ASP) to call
up data, and write data to the MS Access database. My question is, am I
using the right language to interface with the database? Also does anybody
know about the limitations for ASP in comparison with similar technology
such as Allaire ColdFusion?

I am building the website on Windows NT Server 4.0 platform, and have been
searching the internet for a good write-up about ASP. I can't really depend
on Microsoft's website too much since naturally they will write only the
good of ASP. Thanks in advance. If I am writing to the "wrong" group, can
anybody suggest me a newsgroup where I can get further help? Thank you.

Sincerely,
husky.

2. Lowest INTERNATIONAL Calling RATES Available !!

3. FAQ for this newsgroup

4. Short-cut keys.. to a form..

5. FAQ for this newsgroup ?!

6. Problem with raw field

7. Where is the FAQ for this Newsgroup.

8. Has anyone designed any Wizards with OAS 8i?

9. WHERE IS THE FAQ FOR THIS NEWSGROUP PLEASE ??

10. Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup

11. Looking for Newsgroup FAQ

12. FAQ for this newsgroup?

13. FAQ of this Newsgroup