Full-text index and Multiple Languages: Do I need a Server for each language

Full-text index and Multiple Languages: Do I need a Server for each language

Post by Kristian Holmstr?m Mikkelse » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to use the full-text search capabilities of the SQL server 7.0.

Something I need is the ability to make word stemming - so that when
searching for 'drive', I well hit 'drove' and 'drives' as well.

My problem is that I need to support several languages for this project.
According to the documentation you set the Language on the server not on the
index and not even on the database.

Can this really be true,  that I need a server for each language I need to
support ?????

---
Kristian Holmstr?m Mikkelsen, Software Developer
The Stibo Group
S?ren Nymarksvej 3
Postbox 1947
DK - 8270 H?jbjerg