Access > MS SQL Query

Post by realhorrorsh » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:06:15

Is there a tool that converts an Access Table into MSSQL Queries to
run through query analyzer?

Thanks

Access > MS SQL Query

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:16:45

You could use SQL Server DTS to copy Access tables into SQL Server. You
could also use the Access Upsizing Wizard to upsize an Access database into
SQL Server.
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

Is there a tool that converts an Access Table into MSSQL Queries to
run through query analyzer?

Thanks

Access > MS SQL Query

Post by Wayne Snyde » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:37:24

The wordind of your question makes is difficult to understand Exactly what
you are looking for ... why don't you repost with a little more specific
information.

Quote:> Is there a tool that converts an Access Table into MSSQL Queries to
> run through query analyzer?

> Thanks

Access > MS SQL Query

Post by mitc » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 03:49:50

Access upsizing wizard does this I believe

Quote:> Is there a tool that converts an Access Table into MSSQL Queries to
> run through query analyzer?

> Thanks

Access > MS SQL Query

Post by realhorrorsh » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:13:38

Many thanks for the replies - to clarify i only have access to the
MSSQL database via query analyzer (i'm lower down the hierachy). I
import Excel data into Access, so need a quick method of getting the
Access table into mssql via query analayzer.

I don't have the authority to create tables yet the person who does
does not have the time to fiddle around - I need to pass them the SQL
code to run that will create the table with all the data from Access.

This is why the Upsizing wizard is not suitable at present.

Thanks

1. Converting MS Access Query to MS SQL Query

Hi,
  My MS Access Query uses Forms. Please let me know what
is the equivalent MS SQL Query. The problem is in the
WHERE statement.

MS Access Query:
SELECT tblInvoice.InvoiceNo, tblCharge.CktCode,
tblCharge.ChargeType, tblCharge.Description,
tblCharge.UnitRate, tblCharge.Units, tblCharge.Time,
tlkpChargeType.ChargeType AS TblChgTypeChargeType
FROM (tlkpChargeClass INNER JOIN tlkpChargeType ON
tlkpChargeClass.ChargeClass = tlkpChargeType.ChargeClass)
INNER JOIN (((tblBAN INNER JOIN (tblASR INNER JOIN
tblCircuit ON tblASR.ASRID = tblCircuit.ASRID) ON
tblBAN.BAN = tblASR.BAN) INNER JOIN tblInvoice ON
tblBAN.BAN = tblInvoice.BAN) INNER JOIN tblCharge ON
tblCircuit.CktCode = tblCharge.CktCode) ON
tlkpChargeType.ChargeType = tblCharge.ChargeType;
WHERE (((tblCircuit.ActiveDt)<=[forms]!
[frmInvoiceProcessing].[ocxCal]) AND
((tblCircuit.DisconnectDt) Is Null Or
(tblCircuit.DisconnectDt)>DateAdd("m",-1,[forms]!
[frmInvoiceProcessing]![ocxCal])));

Thanks,
C.R.Amaran

2. java grid

3. MS Access tables -> MS SQL server tables

4. DAO database on the Network

5. Q: MS SQL queries -> ANSI SQL

6. where is 12.0 Open Client Documentation?

7. Approach Users Mailing List FAQ, Part 1/2

8. Need help Access queries ===> SQL queries

9. MS-Win95-->MS-Proxy2.0-->MS-SQL6.5

10. Calling MS ACCESS 97 Cross-Tab Query from MS SQL 6.5

11. Executing a MS Access Cross-Tab Query from MS SQL 6.5

12. Access Query => Stored Procedure Transact SQL Query