Scheduling - Missing Stored Procedures

Post by viva » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi

I need to schedule incremental population of a free-text catalog.
I want to do this through script.

SQL documenattion talks about sp_add_job,sp_add_jobstep and sp_job_schedule
to accomplish this.

But these stored procedures DO NOT EXIST on the SQL Server !!!!
Where do i find them ?

I'm using SQL Server 7.0
I Checked up the fixes provided in SP1 and SP2, but there's no mentionof any
fix regarding this issue.

Anyone has any ideas on where i can find these SPs or else any other
mechanism(script oriented) that can employed to create and schedule jobs

Regards and thanx in advance

Scheduling - Missing Stored Procedures

Post by MCSE+ » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

You must find these procedures in the base MSDB !

Use Msdb
exec sp_add_job ....

Bye

--
Thierry DEMAN.
MCSE+Internet (Spcialits: Exchange, SMS, PROXY et IEAK5)

Quote:> hi

> I need to schedule incremental population of a free-text catalog.
> I want to do this through script.

> SQL documenattion talks about sp_add_job,sp_add_jobstep and
sp_job_schedule
> to accomplish this.

> But these stored procedures DO NOT EXIST on the SQL Server !!!!
> Where do i find them ?

> I'm using SQL Server 7.0
> I Checked up the fixes provided in SP1 and SP2, but there's no mentionof
any
> fix regarding this issue.

> Anyone has any ideas on where i can find these SPs or else any other
> mechanism(script oriented) that can employed to create and schedule jobs

> Regards and thanx in advance

1. Calling a Java Stored Procedure from another Java Stored Stored Procedure

Hi,
I'm using the stored procedure builder of DB2 UDB v6.1 on NT to create a
Java Stored Procedure to call another Java Stored Procedure. Both of
them belong to the same project in stored procedure builder.
The sp that calls another sp has the code as follows:
// Calling another java sp -- ErrorHandler
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
err.execute("Test #1", 100, "Testing #1");
When I want to build the sp which calls another sp from within, it gave
me an error as follows:
C:\IBMVJava\ide\tools\com-ibm-db2-tools-dev-spb-ivj\spb\bld953747549650\
com\intertrac\datamart\sp\SelectBillShipAddr.java:18: Class
com.intertrac.datamart.sp.ErrorHandler not found in type declaration.
ErrorHandler err = new ErrorHandler();
Does anyone have any clue of how this can be properly done ? Please let
me know.
Thanks,
ra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. registering dll without rebooting

3. Scheduling - Stored Procedures Missing

4. Status of ODBC Support for Oracle BLOBs

5. Executing DTS from stored procedure / missing master db procedures

6. error when inserting datetime format??

7. executing DTS in stored procedure / missing master db procedures

8. Has anybody succesfully do Scheduled DTS from P.Btrieve to MsSQL ?

9. exec stored procedure in another stored procedure?

10. Using Resultset in Stored Procedure in another stored procedure

11. Stored procedure calls multiple stored procedures

12. Stored Procedure calling a Stored Procedure

13. Executing a Stored Procedure in a Stored Procedure and selecting on the result