PivotTable Filtering

Post by Michael A. Drawbaug » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Is there an easy way to filter data inside of a PivotTable that uses OLAP as
the data source? We have a Location dimension:

Location
State *
Region **
County ***
Name ****

and a calculated measure Compliant (integer sum), indicating meeting
compliance with quality standards.

The current PivotTable presentation is flattened (by Hiding Levels) to only
show Location Names and Compliant (ranging from 0 - 7 in value).  I would
like to only show the names that have a compliance value equal to 7.

Can this be done in the PivotTable? If not, what do I need to change in the
cube? Do I use a Partition?

THX!

1. PivotTable Filtering

Is it possible to filter results in a PivotTable based upon a measure, not a
dimension? If so, how?!? If not, can I pass an MDX statement to the
PivotTable? Since I believe the answer is no, what client tools can I use to
pass MDX statement other than custom code?

THX!

2. Access Upsize to SQL 6.5

3. Filtering Records usign PivotTable Component in Office2000

4. JDBC

5. Filtering PivotTable with mdx

6. Current situation for Pdox newsgroup?

7. Filtering Pivottable on the row axis

8. something scary ( operator go blah)

9. PivotTable Control & Filtering via UI

10. PivotTable Web Component - Filtering

11. joined dynamic filters VS dynamic filters [mergerepl]

12. Join Filters not filtering