BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _my_code ?!?!?!?

BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _my_code ?!?!?!?

Post by Scott Nicho » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> It is probably a configuration problem on my machine.
> It didn't appear on any of two other machines in my domain.
> I'll try to reinstall some stuff.

There are known bugs in the ImportData method.  It's easy to imagine there are
similar problems with ExportData.  Among other things, ImportData has a memory
allocation bug that gives intermittent Access Violations.  You find that your
problem is not simply configuration, but that the bug is dependent on various
timing issues.

--
Scott Nichol
e-mail: Remove nospam. from reply address

BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _my_code ?!?!?!?

Post by Scott Nicho » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi All
> I have bult a simple ATL object (as local server) to automate exporting
> (BCP) a table contents to a file. I make use of SQLOLE Management
> Objects library from MS SQLServer 6.5 to do the job.
> Unfortunatelly when I debug my program, method ExportData of
> SQLOLE::_Table object fails (It fails near the end of bulking out the
> table.
> It seems that the all data is already written in the data file but there
> is no
> status in the log file). When I let the local server run without
> attaching  to the de*, it succeeds everytime!!!

There are known bugs in the ImportData method.  It's easy to imagine there are
similar problems with ExportData.  Among other things, ImportData has a memory
allocation bug that gives intermittent Access Violations.  You find that your
problem is not simply configuration, but that the bug is dependent on various
timing issues.

--
Scott Nichol
e-mail: Remove nospam. from reply address

1. BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _my_code ?!?!?!?

There are known bugs in the ImportData method.  It's easy to imagine there are
similar problems with ExportData.  Among other things, ImportData has a memory
allocation bug that gives intermittent Access Violations.  You find that your
problem is not simply configuration, but that the bug is dependent on various
timing issues.
--
Scott Nichol
e-mail: Remove nospam. from reply address

2. RECORDCOUNT

3. Need Help ! move text file data to Access database

4. BUG in SQLOLE, VC Debugger or _My_Code ?!?!?!?

5. problems installing 8.1.7 EE under Linux SuSE 7.2

6. VC-DEBUGGER can't install

7. MDAC 2.6 and Access 2000

8. VC++6.0 Database BUG?

9. VC++6.0 Bug correction...please confirm.

10. A very big bug found in VC 6.0

11. GOT VC 5.0 BUGS???