RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777928 in Sysmessages.

Post by John Edward Mill » Fri, 08 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777928 in Sysmessages.

: I'm getting that message lately when trying to delete an entry inside a
: table... Any idea ?

Sounds to me like an Access app was upsized to one server and moved to
another; when you do an access upsize the Access rules are generated as
SQL Server user-defined messages in the sysmessages table of the server.

Every time you upsize it generates a new set.  You need to go back and get
the sysmessages entries from the first server and copy them to the second.

John.

1. RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 50009 in sysmessages

Hi all,

I have the following trigger, and when I try to update the database I get
the error below?

CREATE TRIGGER reminder
ON patientclinical
FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
AS RAISERROR (50009, 16, 10)

Why am I getting this error message instead of the error message for error
5009

I looked in master database and under table sysmessages, and error 5009 is
there?

Server: Msg 2758, Level 16, State 1, Procedure reminder, Line 4
RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 50009 in sysmessages.

Thanks for any help
Gerry

2. VB debugging problem

3. help w/RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 777990 in Sysmessages.

4. Triggers and msg 2601 (more details)

5. RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 778247 in Sysmessages.

6. Excel: Symbols in Header

7. Registering 6.5 server from 6.0 SEM (RAISERROR could not locate entry for error 14302 in Sysmessages.)

8. BLOB?

9. could not locate entry for error 778432 in sysmessages.

10. Could not Locate entry in SysDatabases

11. Entry point could not be located

12. Procedure entry point can not be located in comctl32.dll

13. Error 3624 - not in sysmessages