Insert using XML files in SLQ Server CE 2.0

Insert using XML files in SLQ Server CE 2.0

Post by Melvy » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 13:48:56

Hi,

Can I insert directly from the XML file into the SQL
Server CE 2.0 database using DML. The XML file is created
from the SQL Server 2000 using Select statement.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Melvyn

Insert using XML files in SLQ Server CE 2.0

Post by éric » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 14:02:15

I use a dataset to do what you are refering to... not hard at all
load data in a dataset and with a dataadapter load into SqlCe

ric

Quote:> Hi,

> Can I insert directly from the XML file into the SQL
> Server CE 2.0 database using DML. The XML file is created
> from the SQL Server 2000 using Select statement.

> Any help will be appreciated.

> Thank You

> Melvyn

Insert using XML files in SLQ Server CE 2.0

Post by Melvy » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:35:24

Hi,

I am able to do the same with Dataset, but I am looking at
the specific of using XML directly through DML statements
and inserting the data in the SQL Server CE database.

Any ideas.

Melvyn.

1. (Still Getting) Error 28010 when calling Run method using SQL Server CE 2.0

I tried everything with SQL Server CE Version 1.1 so today I installed
Version 2.0, created the virtual directory on IIS and even registered the
files sscesa20.dll and sscerp20.dll on the IIS server.

The server was restarted and a client browser on the development computer
and Pocket PC is showing the message "SQL Server CE Server Agent".  I am
using anonymous authentication for testing.

I am still getting a 28010 error occurring when the Replication Object 'Run'
Method is called in eVB code.
A previous command in my code calls the Initialize method without error.

The security of IIS, NTFS and SQL appears OK.

I am running SQL2K, IIS5.0 and Windows 2000 Server on the same server.

Has anyone had this error and have advise as to the way to solve it?

Thanks,
Adam

2. Help - Cursors

3. create sql server ce table from an XML file

4. new olap tool

5. Inserting large amount of records in a SQL Server 2000 CE database using eVC++

6. ODBC Problem

7. CE Relay SQL ce 2.0

8. DBLibrary: DBBUFFER

9. Can I use SQLCE 2.0 with Windows CE.NET using OLEDB (ATL temlates)

10. Sync SQL CE 2.0 and SQL Server 2000

11. SQL Server CE 2.0: Possible bug?

12. Merge/Replication with SQL Server CE 2.0