Limit Network Interfaces?

Post by Rob Edward » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:00:20

Can i configure SQL 2000 to only listen to requests from the LAN card or
Loopback?  I'm trying to keep TCP/IP on my server but remove any chance of
being connected to via the modem.

Rob

Limit Network Interfaces?

Post by Carlos Eduardo Roja » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:03:52

There's no way to accomplish this right now. You would have to do it at some
other level (router or proxy, for example).
--
HTH
Carlos Eduardo Rojas
Author: SQL Server Programming By Example
http://www.sqlserverbyexample.com

Quote:> Can i configure SQL 2000 to only listen to requests from the LAN card or
> Loopback?  I'm trying to keep TCP/IP on my server but remove any chance of
> being connected to via the modem.

> Rob

1. Oracle 7.3.3/NT4 with >1 network interface

Hello all,

I am experiencing problem connecting to Oracle DB with SQL*NET
client if server has more than one interface. It seems that it
works fine if there is only one, but if I add another one, only
the first in the network adapter list allows users to log on from
SQL client.
Should I configure all interfaces in some configuration file or ?
I guess this is a feature and not a bug??

Physical interface is FORE ATM adapter with 2 configured ELANs, sw
version 5.x (MPOA).

Kari T. Salmela, Nordic LAN&WAN Communication Oy, Espoo, FINLAND
Ty?/Work: +358-9-50241055, Fax +358-9-5023840, K?nny/Cellular +358-50-5231926
Home: Artturi Kannistontie 10 B 12, 00320 Helsinki

2. Accessing Btrieve 5.10a data on a Novell server using Pervasive.SQL on NT client/server environment

3. database server w/ 2 network interfaces problem (VCS environment)

4. Inconsistent SQL

5. FMS and double network interface

6. Controlling Cluster remotely....

7. Multiple network interface

8. Merge replication over ISDN line problems ?

9. Bind SQL to One Network Interface in Multihomed Server

10. SQL 2K - Multiple Network Interface Cards

11. Network Interfaces

12. Newbie - binding two protocol to one network interface

13. Disable Listen on Network Interface