NEED a Reference on System Tables QUICK

Post by Chase Saunder » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I cannot find documentation of the contents of the system tables.  I need to
read from them to build a separate data dictionary.

Does anyone know of a good reference on the web?  If not, how about a book?
Thanks in advance.

                            Chase Saunders
                            Burgess Business Solutions

NEED a Reference on System Tables QUICK

Post by Christer Romso » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Try the book "Transact-SQL Reference 6.0", part "S", chapter "System Tables"
and the book "What's New in SQL Server 6.5", part 4 "What's New for
Transact-SQL" pages "syscolumns System Table", "sysindexes System Table",
"sysprocesses System Table" and "sysprotects System Table".

    Christer Romson

Chase Saunders:

Quote:> I cannot find documentation of the contents of the system tables.  I need