NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

Post by Simon Jone » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I have written an Intranet page to front end my companies applications
security.  This, via triggers, adds users into SQL Server using sp_addlogin
and sp_adduser commands.

Unfortunately (?) we are using NT Integrated Security and the user who has
been granted access cannot connect to SQL Server (Unauthorised access error)
until they are placed into an NT Group which has in turn been added into SQL
Security Manager.

Can anyone tell me what SQL Security Manager does or how it works?
--
Remove NOSPAM from Email address before Replying

NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

Post by Neil Pik » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Simon,

 It just trawls through the NT users/groups and allows you to map
domain\user or domain\groups to SQL users.  You still apply permissions
to the SQL users, but it saves having to hard-code passwords or having
people remember a SQL userid/password as well as an NT one.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE
 Protech Computing Ltd