row numbers, limiting row# for web usage

row numbers, limiting row# for web usage

Post by pete2.. » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

hi group,

does anyone know of a way to set limits on row numbers extracted
from a DB2 table ?

I need to be able to return rows 60 thru 75 of a 10000 row table, to
provide content to a web table.
I'd like to do this directly in my SQL statements... not in the
extraction language.

any bright ideas out there ?

sincerely, Pete

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How do you limit the number of rows updated

I only want to update one row in a database.  However, my WHERE clause
affects two or more rows.  I cannot add any more conditions to the WHERE
clause to limit the number of rows affected.  This statement is for an Audit
type function which eliminates duplicate records that are created.

My SQL Statement:
UPDATE table SET columnx='1' WHERE id='1'

Is there a way to write an UPDATE SQL statement to limit the number of rows
that are updated?

2. Cannot logon to start MSSQLServer service

3. Limiting the number of rows from a query!

4. Relational databases

5. limiting number of rows - php

6. D3 & Super-Q's

7. Limit the Number Of Rows In A Stored Procedure

8. Pave numbering

9. Limiting the Number of Rows Returned

10. How limit row number

11. Limiting number of rows returned from a SQL query

12. Limiting number of rows returned

13. Returning a limited number of rows from a SELECT statement