How to map big entity relationship models

How to map big entity relationship models

Post by Michael Cro » Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:33:38

Hi there,

I am looking for a tool that can help me to map the entity
relationship model of our project. Until now I map the model with
Visio Professional, but this tool is not very suitable for large
projects.

So I am looking for another tool. I would be very pleased if anybody
could give me an advice and a small explanation on how to map large
databases with many tables and relations without loosing overview.

Thanks a lot,

Michael Cross

1. Entity Relationship Modeling vs Semantic Object Modeling

Perhaps some of the data modeling experts would be willing to fill me in
on the popularity or current usage of entity relationship modeling (case
tools might be an example?) versus semantic object modeling (salsa
software?).  Are there other more popular examples of these two methods?
Your comments are welcome.  Thanks in advance.
Catherine A. Dunlap

2. autonumber?

3. Program to map entity models

4. Starting up delays...

5. I write a database engine.Who want to help me test it?

6. Entity relationship modeling software - any shareware out there?

7. Spend 30 seconds and save me hours ?

8. ENTITY RELATIONSHIP MODEL

9. Entity-Relationship model: interpretation / design question

10. need entity-relationship model viewer

11. entity relationship model theory

12. map SDM model to relational model