MS SQL Server 2000 time-outs periodicly over the internet

MS SQL Server 2000 time-outs periodicly over the internet

Post by bogda » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:41:59

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to MS SQL 2000 previous version MS SQL 7.0
My previous installation worked fine for about a year.

Now having seemingly the same set-up and copy of database I'm experiencing
periodic time-outs when accessing pages through IIS. IIS uses ODBC to
access SQL server.

I can connect to the server through other means using native drivers
without any problems and ODBC tests are passing also through
ODBC panel in Windows.

I don't know if server will eventually start working without time-outs,
but restarting the server removes the problem for some time, whereas
rebooting the machine fixes it usually for longer.

Any ideas what can be changed , or possible fixes for this.

Regards

Bogdan Fiedur

AdlandPro World's Classifieds
Get Linked from over 7,600 Classifieds with one click.
http://www.adlandpro.com

1. MS SQL Server 2000 time-outs periodicly over the internet

[...]

2. webdb issues

3. SQL 2000 server Connect failes every time I connect server to LAN or Internet

4. ODBC or OLEDB which is faster?

5. SQL Server time outs

6. (PDXJOBS) Oracle Developers “Systems An

7. SQL Server ODBC connection time-outs?

8. Linking Tables?

9. MS ACCESS AND SQL SERVER 2000 ODBC TIMEOUTS

10. Connecting to Sql Server from asp after upgrade from ms sql 7 to ms sql 2000

11. MS SQL server 2000 SP2 Query time out

12. Connecting to Sql Server from asp after upgrade from ms sql 7 to ms sql 2000

13. Install MS SQL Server 2000 on Window 2000 Server Failed