Error Handling

Post by Brad M » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 06:55:32

Can anyone give me some topics to read up on in BOL that discuss trapping
SQL errors in my app and presenting them (in friendly text) to the user via
a MsgBox?
(Using VB6.0 with SP5 and SQL2000 with latest service pack)

Best Regards,
Brad

Error Handling

Post by oj » Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:12:18

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/adosql/adoprg03_59pr.asp?fram...

--
-oj
Rac v2.1 coming soon

Quote:> Can anyone give me some topics to read up on in BOL that discuss trapping
> SQL errors in my app and presenting them (in friendly text) to the user
via
> a MsgBox?
> (Using VB6.0 with SP5 and SQL2000 with latest service pack)

> Best Regards,
> Brad

1. Error handling - On Error resume next

Hello,

I writing a stored procedure to search in more than one database (Linked
servers). I query each database and store the results in a temporary table. After
search through all databases I order the results and return them. However, when
one server is down I still want to return the other results. So what I am looking
for is a kind of "On Error resume next" on T-SQL, can anyone tell me whether this
exists or not?

greetings

Henk

2. Trying to create search routine

3. SQL-Procedure called with ODBC terminates on error and ignores TSQL-error handling

4. Not defined as a subscription server

5. error handling -- @@ERROR

6. vb6 sp5 ,sql server 2000 ,wnnt4 sp 6

7. Error handling under SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0, @@error doesn't work

8. A strange DBGrid problem.

9. Custom Task Error Handling - Displaying Custom Error Message

10. Error handling - Getting fully formatted error msg in SQL

11. Error handling and custom error messages