Database size limit on SQL 6.5

Post by Peter L » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:26:33

Is any database size limited on SQL 6.5?  As I know, I can expand any database
from MS SQL 6.5 without any size limited issue, providing that my harddisk space
is enough?  Is it true? Thanks!

Database size limit on SQL 6.5

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:34:03

In SQL Server 6.5 the maximum database size is 1 TB.
--
HTH,
Vyas

Database size limit on SQL 6.5

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:05:39

... and I believe that max size for a device is 32GB.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
FAQ from Neil at: http://www.sqlserverfaq.com

Quote:> In SQL Server 6.5 the maximum database size is 1 TB.

Quote:> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> SQL Server 7.0 Replication FAQ and commonly encountered problems:
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/repl_ques.htm
> Interesting code samples (include SQL stored procedures, VB programs):
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/code.htm
> Review of SQL Server 2000's "Federated database servers" feature:
> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/federated.htm

1. ms sqlserver 6.5 limit on row size?

I'm trying to run a select statement on MSsqlserver 6.5 which internally
creates a worktable. I receive an error message that "die Zeilenlaenge
wuerde 2447 Zeichen betragen " (Line length is 2447 chars) "erlaubt sind nur
2016" (above the limit 2016).
Is this a fixed limit in MS sqlserver 6.5 or is there a configuration option
anywhere?
This whole thing looks a bit stange to me ....

Walter

2. Progress V7 - what's the best way to learn it? (visual basic?)

3. SQL Server 6.5 database device limit of 16gb

4. Listserver

5. migrating sql databases sever 6.5 from sql server 6.5 to another sql server 6.5

6. deleteing Nulls

7. Oracle7 database size limit (or tablespace size)?

8. VFP error / Insufficient stack space

9. DB Sizing the Distribution Database - SQL 6.5

10. SQL 6.5 and the size of a database

11. SQL 6.5 databases 0.00 size missreporting?

12. Database size and usage (SQL Server 6.5)

13. SQL 6.5 database size in EM is wrong