Advanced MDX Question: Filter on Member Property Part II

Advanced MDX Question: Filter on Member Property Part II

Post by B?rge Hanse » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:49:08

Sean gave me a solution on Part I. Well It seemed to work at first, but the
evaluating statement does not seem
to work complely

The statement:

SELECT {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
 {Filter([Store].[Store Name].Members, VAL
(Store.currentmember.properties("Store Sqft")) >= 2000.1 )}
ON ROWS
FROM Sales

It seems as if it evaluates 'Store Sqft' >= 2000.1 to be equal to 'Store
Sqft' >= 2000.1
My property is stored as a double in the cube, and this is really
handicapping my search in the database. I would like to have accurate
results... ( I am of course working on another cube, but sales is a good
sample)

Is this anything you guys know of?

/B?rge

Advanced MDX Question: Filter on Member Property Part II

Post by B?rge Hanse » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 20:04:15

Sorry; Typo:
It should be like this:

Sean gave me a solution on Part I. Well It seemed to work at first, but the
evaluating statement does not seem
to work complely

The statement:

SELECT {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
 {Filter([Store].[Store Name].Members, VAL
(Store.currentmember.properties("Store Sqft")) >= 2000.1 )}
ON ROWS
FROM Sales

It seems as if it evaluates
'Store Sqft' >= 2000.1 to be equal to 'Store Sqft' >= 2001
and evaluates   'Store Sqft' > 2000.1 to be equal to 'Store Sqft' > 2001

Looks like it doesnot handle doubles very well.
My property is stored as a double in the cube, and this is really
handicapping my search in the database. I would like to have accurate
results... ( I am of course working on another cube, but sales is a good
sample)

Is this anything you guys know of?

/B?rge

Quote:> Sean gave me a solution on Part I. Well It seemed to work at first, but
the
> evaluating statement does not seem
> to work complely

> The statement:

> SELECT {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
>  {Filter([Store].[Store Name].Members, VAL
> (Store.currentmember.properties("Store Sqft")) >= 2000.1 )}
> ON ROWS
> FROM Sales

> It seems as if it evaluates 'Store Sqft' >= 2000.1 to be equal to 'Store
> Sqft' >= 2000.1
> My property is stored as a double in the cube, and this is really
> handicapping my search in the database. I would like to have accurate
> results... ( I am of course working on another cube, but sales is a good
> sample)

> Is this anything you guys know of?

> /B?rge

1. Advanced MDX Question: Filter on Member Property

Hi!

I have a cube, in which one dimension have several member properties. One of
these member properties has a numerical value.
I want to get Measures for all Members of the Dimension which matches this
numerical value. Got it?

If we use the example Sales Cube the I want to see Unit Sales per Store .
i.e.:

SELECT {[Measures].[Unit Sales]} ON COLUMNS,
{[Store].[Store Name].Members}  ON ROWS
FROM Sales

But the challenge is that I want the results limited to  Stores with Store
sqft (this is the member property) less than 2000 sqft

Howto????

2. CDOSYS Mail

3. MDX Query -- Filter by Member Property

4. US-TX-SA-Oracle DBA/Designer

5. MDX - Member properties in a calculated member

6. VB5 Error 3426- This action was cancelled by an associated Action.??

7. MDX Question - Member Property

8. MaskEdit interfering with my data base?

9. MDX - Member Name string search and filter

10. MDX - Tail + Filter on calculated member

11. MDX member properties query

12. Retrieving Member Properties using MDX in VBA

13. mdx - member properties