Newbie: Can't connect to SQL server - login fails

Newbie: Can't connect to SQL server - login fails

Post by Rich Whit » Sat, 14 Sep 2002 04:40:52

Problem solved. I needed to be part of the admin group for
the machine.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm trying to connect to a SQL Server (2000) with
>Enterprise Manager, but I get the following error:

>DIABLO - Login failed for user 'TEX\rwhite'

>The server is set for windows authentication and I don't
>have a problem logging into Diablo (the machine that is
>running the server). Any idea why I get a login failure
>trying to connect to the server, but can log into the
>machine without a problem?

>The server was started by somebody else and I have tried
>to restart it, but I get permission denied errors.

>Thanks,

>Rich
>.

1. Web Form Wizard - Error 28000 login failed connecting to SQL Server

I launched WEB FORM WIZARD from an Excel workbook and it created the files
..htx and .idc.
I have modified the .idc so it makes the connection, to SQL Server, with
the login and the password took from two cells, then it inserts a record in
a table. It runs OK.
I have created other workbooks with their .idc/.htx files (in the same
way!!!), but only the first runs, those created after, do not connect to
SQL Server.
This Error occours  : [State=28000][Error=4002][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server] Login failed
and this is the address that I can see : http://10.1.0.1/Scripts/LuPro.idc?
Where are the other information after the question mark?

Any suggest?

2. HOW? Create table from query results

3. Login failed when connecting ASP to SQL Server 7.0

4. SQL-CREATE-TABLE and D3ODBC

5. Login fails for user while connecting to a remote SQL Server

6. Large screens and sperform

7. LINKED SERVER (Login Failed For User '\')

8. ODBC

9. SQL-Server 6.5: Login failed with ISQL_W, login with Enterprise Manager works fine

10. Install fails: couldn't connect to SQL Server

11. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed

12. [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed .