Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

Post by Edward » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:01:41

I have just done a Bit of a revert to SQL 7 at a client site and have
started getting the same error.

I have tracked down two seperate instances of when it happens.

1. If you do NOT have "SET OPTION EXPLICIT" in the beginning of the
   Stored procedure.
2. If you return a Field without a field name.

Hope this helps

Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

Post by Edward » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:14:09

Hmm, And I have Also Found out it isn't too happy if I do wierd things
(Like Updates) in the Stored Procedure.

solution.
a. Comment Everything but the Final Select Out of the Stored procedure.
b. configure the Extract
c. Uncomment the Other SP Code.

Note: You will have to re Comment the Code if you want to change the
      Extract at a later Date (I am Keeping Two Copies, one With a
      Select for the Config and then the "Live" Version for when I have
      finished Configuring the Extract)

Have Fun,-)

Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

Post by Darren Gree » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 05:29:14

Quote:

>I have just done a Bit of a revert to SQL 7 at a client site and have
>started getting the same error.

>I have tracked down two seperate instances of when it happens.

>1. If you do NOT have "SET OPTION EXPLICIT" in the beginning of the
>   Stored procedure.
>2. If you return a Field without a field name.

>Hope this helps

I think you are getting your languages confused. The T-SQL SET OPTION
statement does not have an EXPLICIT clause. There is of course the very
useful Option Explicit statement in VB/VBScript.

Do you mean SET NOCOUNT ON ?

--
Darren Green (SQL Server MVP)
DTS - http://www.sqldts.com

Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

Post by Edward » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 07:51:27

D'Oh,
Maybe I should Use Copy and Paste instead of Mindless Typing.
I thought the right thing but I think my Hands where on holiday and
doing their own thing.

Yup, "Set Nocount On" was the idea.

All Fixed now <grinn>

1. DTS: Null Accessors are not supported by this provider

In DTS Data Driven Query properties, define a stored procedure as the source,
when tried to preview I get the error "Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider
for SQL Server", "Error Description: Null Accessors are not supported by this
provider".

The source is a SQL 6.5 database.

I have tried to call other simpler SP and they are ok.

I could not figure out why this message would appear for this SP which is pretty
complex.

Have you seen it before?

thanks

2. Editing preferences--Help Needed

3. DTS Error - Null Accessors Not Supported

4. IDS, NT, raw partition and device name

5. OLE DB/ADO/ORACLE: Accessor is not a parameter accessor

6. Run-time DBMS

7. Accessor is not Parameter Accessor

8. Accessor is not a parameter accessor

9. OLE DB/ADO/ORACLE: Accessor is not a parameter accessor

10. not null column during CTAS(not null definition did not come across)

11. Selecting ids where am/pm cols not null for whole week

12. Help: Stored Procedure and Null Accessor Error