Flat File Rowset Provider - strange results

Flat File Rowset Provider - strange results

Post by Laura Lamber » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:37:48



I have a DTS package [package_A] that consists mainly of an ActiveX script that
does the following:

(1) Get a collection of all text files in an upload directory.  These text files
are identical in structure (tab delimited, CR/LF).
(2) Loop through the collection to import the rows into a table.
(3) The logic in the For Next loop changes the global variable of the package
that it calls [package_b]

Package_A works like a charm.

Package_B is working on about 80% of the files.  The other 20% are giving the
following error:

Step Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset
Provider
Set Error Description: Incomplete file format information - file cannot be opened.
Set Error Code: 80004005
Set Error Help File: DTSFFile.hlp
Set Error Help Context ID:0

What's strange is this...if I change the global variables for Package_B to be one
of the failed files and run the package by itself (not calling it from Package_A)
I get no error on the files.  The rows import just fine.

Anybody else seen this?  

TIA-
Laura

 
 
 

1. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Hello,

I am interested in defining a DTS package that transforms data from
flat files to SQL Server table.

I would like to access the flat files through the DTS Flat File OLE DB
Provider.

But, I couldn't find any information on how to define the metadata of
the Flat files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hayim Salti

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

2. Interview questions?

3. Documentation for DTS Flat File Provider

4. Access to SQL from inside VB

5. How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

6. Permissions problem with sp_executesql and ADO

7. Using the OLE DB flat file provider to automate DTS w/VB6

8. SQL Server DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

9. Exporting more than 22 coloumns to a flat text file from MS OLE DB Provider

10. export query results to flat file?

11. Dumping results of SQL query into ASCII flat file