Missing DLL file (NTWDBLIB)

Post by T » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Help--I'm taking a course in SQL, and have purchased two books with software
included.  One such package is Embarcadero's Rapid SQL from the book "SQL
Unleashed" by Youness.  After I've installed the software, I try to run it,
and get the message "Cannot load NTWDBLIB.DLL--Microsoft's 32-bit Db-library
is not installed or the DLL's are not in your path."

I've looked for a file called NTWDBLIB.DLL, and it does not exist on my
system, and I'm not having much success finding anything concrete on the
web.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tad

Missing DLL file (NTWDBLIB)

Post by Asif Kha » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi Tad,

If you install SQL 6.5 or SQL 7.0 any of them the file you mentioned will
install on you machine.

Regards, Asif Khan
ANZ Grindlays Bank Limited - Pakistan

>Help--I'm taking a course in SQL, and have purchased two books with
software
>included.  One such package is Embarcadero's Rapid SQL from the book "SQL
>Unleashed" by Youness.  After I've installed the software, I try to run it,
>and get the message "Cannot load NTWDBLIB.DLL--Microsoft's 32-bit
Db-library
>is not installed or the DLL's are not in your path."

>I've looked for a file called NTWDBLIB.DLL, and it does not exist on my
>system, and I'm not having much success finding anything concrete on the
>web.  Can anyone help?

>Thanks

>Tad

1. ntwdblib.dll vs sqlsrv32.dll (native driver vs ODBC driver)

It seems to me that the current ntwdblib.dll with MS SQL Server 7 CD
(beta 3) is not compatiable with MS SQL Server 7.  If a table has nchar,
nvarchar, or ntext data type field, the application used the
ntwdblib.dll will not work properly.  For example, the following simple
statemet cannot be executed successfully:

Select * from TableWithNTextField

However, an application used Sqlsrv32.dll will work fine.

In the past, isqlw.exe used ntwdblib.dll but the new isqlw.exe (with MS
SQL Server 7 beta 3 CD) uses sqlsrv32.dll.  What is the reason for the
change?  I cannot find the type definitions of nvarchar, nchar and ntext
in the new sqlfront.h, which defines the types of varchar, char and
ntext.  When I used the dbcolinfo to get the data type info for nchar
field, the reture value is 0x2f, which is just char data type.  So,
ntwdblib.dll is either not upgraded or cannot support the new MS SQL
Server anymore.

Can any one shed some light one my problem?  Thanks in advance.

Tao Lin

2. Tuning questions (may be stupid)

3. NTWDBLIB.DLL

4. equivalent DataDiff function?

5. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

6. performance issues with DBI module when data too big

7. ntwdblib.dll (Native vs. ODBC driver)

8. import informix data in other database appl

9. Updating NTWDBLIB.DLL

10. What is NTWDBLIB.DLL

11. ntwdblib.dll

12. NTWDBLIB.DLL