Updating records with UPDATE Statement error

Updating records with UPDATE Statement error

Post by Tim » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

When I try to update a record in my SQL 7.0 DB I get the error 'operation
must use an updateable query'... yet i can update fine when i use the query
analyzer .... the problem may be in my connect string ...

X = "ODBC;database=" & dbname & ";DSN=" & dataset & ";UID=sa;PWD=" & pass
Set DB = OpenDatabase("", False, False, X)

anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong ??

Updating records with UPDATE Statement error

Post by Bob Pfeif » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Depends on what type of result set you produce in the client application
(keyset, dynamic, FO/RO) if you're trying to use recordset methods like
.Update or .AddNew.  Also, you can get this message if you're SQL Server
table doesn't have a Primary Key or Unique constraint on it.